For those who haven't seen the news, you can check it out here:
- CDT as it currently is has been dissolved
- key members of the CDT have been hired as part-time and full time UWE employees working in the new NS2 Dev Team over a 4 month trial period
- UWE are wanting to establish foundations for growing the game to a much larger player count than current levels
- UWE want to create a pipeline that allows for user created content to get featured in the game and for creators to be financially compensated for their work
- UWE want to have a faster development cycle where ideas are tested quickly
- UWE want to use the lessons they have learned from subnautica and future perfect to place a much higher importance on creating content and fixes that the community ask for
It will be an interesting 4 months. There are many hurdles ahead and many issues they will have to deal with the current game before moving on to new content. At the very least, they are devoting time and resources to the game again, so we'll see what happens.