Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I3d Servers

I3d Servers

Hey guys so got this new server running on 20 player seems to be running very smooth i do also have the multiplay which will shut down in 44 days time but by then will most likely have 2 I3d servers one at 18 and one at 20 slots.

Hoping to get someone to help me set so they run the smoothest possible.

With the badges if ya want them then Post ya steam id here and will try and add them to server with the badge ya want from the badges pack on steam workshop.

Any Other things u think i need or dont need post here and will look over it

119.252.191.193 thats IP for the 20 slot server

the AusNS2 Sydney Test server is also running on i3d. We have been testing it over the last few days and performance seems to be better than multiplay.

I think the AusNS2 badge has been added to the plugin

Yeah i have changed the admin badge to show the ausns2 badge

Have added another Server here is the ip 119.252.191.193 AusNs2 Natural selection 2 Server#2

Im going to make it no rookie server 16 slots if i can get seb or someone to help me with set up of mapcycle and mods need for this to work would great

Quote Originally Posted by Oozle View Post
    Have added another Server here is the ip 119.252.191.193 AusNs2 Natural selection 2 Server#2

Im going to make it no rookie server 16 slots if i can get seb or someone to help me with set up of mapcycle and mods need for this to work would great
    I just want to caution everyone with their new servers - whilst it's great we've got so many new servers in the last couple of weeks, we have to make sure that we do not segregate or turn the pub players off the game with the thousands of mods on these new servers. Let's be honest, mods in this game are hit and miss. The more mods on the server, the less average/pub people will be inclined to play on it due to twitchy performance, inability to download mods, different gameplay etc.

As there are no official servers anymore, any server that is a public server needs to be as close to vanilla as possible.

I think the standard mods for a pub server should have are ns2+, comp mod r2, shine admin, and shine crossspawns. All of these mods are necessary for enjoyable gameplay. Anything on top of this means that you run the risk of scaring pubbers off, or not allowing them to play and lose interest due to the buggy workshop.

For example, i think servers with maps like fusion or nothing on map rotation should have something in the server name title like "+ custom maps" in the title.

I think mods like the uber shotgun mod should never be used in a public server unless it is clearly stated in the server name title. It just isnt fun to be a new player half way through a game and then see a lerk pick up a gorge or a shotgun firing flame shells. People who are ignorant will think that is standard gameplay and will come to the wrong conclusions.

Happy to help you set your new server up oozle - msg me on steam.

Also when using AusNS2 in the server name please make sure you capitalise 'AusNS2' correctly.

and whatever you do, do NOT spell it like so - ArseNS2 :P
    Thanks for the servers guys, without them the game is very boring playing by myself
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Quote Originally Posted by bonage View Post
    I just want to caution everyone with their new servers - whilst it's great we've got so many new servers in the last couple of weeks, we have to make sure that we do not segregate or turn the pub players off the game with the thousands of mods on these new servers. Let's be honest, mods in this game are hit and miss. The more mods on the server, the less average/pub people will be inclined to play on it due to twitchy performance, inability to download mods, different gameplay etc.

As there are no official servers anymore, any server that is a public server needs to be as close to vanilla as possible.

I think the standard mods for a pub server should have are ns2+, comp mod r2, shine admin, and shine crossspawns. All of these mods are necessary for enjoyable gameplay. Anything on top of this means that you run the risk of scaring pubbers off, or not allowing them to play and lose interest due to the buggy workshop.

For example, i think servers with maps like fusion or nothing on map rotation should have something in the server name title like "+ custom maps" in the title.

I think mods like the uber shotgun mod should never be used in a public server unless it is clearly stated in the server name title. It just isnt fun to be a new player half way through a game and then see a lerk pick up a gorge or a shotgun firing flame shells. People who are ignorant will think that is standard gameplay and will come to the wrong conclusions.

Happy to help you set your new server up oozle - msg me on steam.
    Hey Bonage the second server i set up only has comp modr2, ns2+, shine admin, cross spawns, Shine extra plugins .

No extra maps or anything like that but i have made it so you need min 50 hours to play and 15 hours to comm

As for other server i will change the name of the 20 slots server to include custom mod server so ppl no that is has some custom stuff on it

I really need to think of a name for the servers

how come the server browser doesnt show this new servers? i know their hosted on iinet
    -/AUS/- Battlegorge

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeh View Post
    how come the server browser doesnt show this new servers? i know their hosted on iinet
    Cause there is a prob with the server atm so waiting for the tech guys to fix it

Something happened at 300am this morning in the logs

Quote Originally Posted by Oozle View Post
    Cause there is a prob with the server atm so waiting for the tech guys to fix it

Something happened at 300am this morning in the logs
    I was talking about the AusNS2 server browser on the site
    -/AUS/- Battlegorge

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeh View Post
    I was talking about the AusNS2 server browser on the site
    Looks like the cronjob that was running the script to update the server list had stopped running. I've just re-run manually to update the list and the server's showing up now. I'll monitor it and make sure it's updating.

Turn off all talk!
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

NS1: @lPh@+OmEg@
    NS2: Kalopsia

Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    servers broken
    All servers will need to run the update program. Server operators - please contact your hosts and ask them to do this.

I will contact multiplay tonight.

The Server has had some problems in november and has been pretty good since december plz let me know with msg on steam if NS update comes out as i work away i dont hear about these update so i can let server ops Know.

Im keeping it at 16player atm and is running pretty smooth so hope you guys are enjoying it and if need be i will open another private one if needed in future
    There are only basic mods running at the moment as we all the probs with workshop

I have Opened up a Private Server Today 16 Slots For pugs and what ever else you wanna use it for atm i have not put any admins on it but if seb or bonage can give me a good list for it then great and msg me with ids for the server

Ip is 119.252.191.193:27025

Hey Oozle, Archie here. Do you think i could get admin, i am the other admin from Scatterverse, would make sense considering silly people switch between the two to cause mischief once in a while.
    ~Archie