Close

Daylight Savings this sunday

Daylight Savings this sunday guys at 2am - remember that you will lose an hour, so make sure you turn up to your games on time

sigh, daylight saving is simply anooying for the rest of australia not in vic/nsw.

Daylight what?
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

AusNS2 time will adjust to become daylight savings time also, so confused people can always continue to rely on the clock on the league page.

I think...

...I'll keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mf- View Post
    sigh, daylight saving is simply anooying for the rest of australia not in vic/nsw.
    It's actually pretty good mf once you live in a state which does it.

..sometimes.
    Having to wake up in the pitch black can be a bitch, and going to sleep during the afternoon can suck (if you go to sleep at 8-9, like, for work and stuff)
    Once you get used to it, it normalises again. ;o

DLS should be Australia wide or not at all like all the rests of the crappy rules that vary from state to state.

Quote Originally Posted by nezz View Post
    DLS should be Australia wide or not at all like all the rests of the crappy rules that vary from state to state.

and I would vote for her if she was still running. Instead I vote for old mate clivey. @w00t hear what he said about you mate?

It would be good if all the planned league game times could jump forward 1 hour. Simply because they were organised in pre-DST time and now makes the scheduled time possibly unplayable. Obviously captains need to identify this, such as that I have asked intent if we can delay 1 hour back to our original agreed time.

Poor Queensland

FYI - League time has just been adjusted to match AEDT. If you're in a different timezone, please make sure you confirm the time difference and communicate with the opposition team if you need to make any adjustments due to this change.

Fuck I don't understand why we don't have DST. Nobody I've ever met or spoken to has been able to give me a really good reason as to why we don't. It baffles me.

The only "real reason" is.. "we don't."

The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Quote Originally Posted by intrik View Post
    Fuck I don't understand why we don't have DST. Nobody I've ever met or spoken to has been able to give me a really good reason as to why we don't. It baffles me.
    It's becomes useless if you are too close to the equator. In Summer down south daylight lasts a lot longer than up here. Just like in winter their days are very short relative to ours. Idea is it lets them wake up an hour earlier because the sun is up a lot earlier than in the winter down there, and that way the sun doesn't go down to 9pm. If we did it here it just means we'd be waking up when it's dark - sunlight barely changes seasonally here relative to Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Should have one timezone like China
    poetic 400th scatter post

10/10 scatter.