Close

Thread: Mumble Details

Mumble Details

The mumble details are as follows:

IP Address:
    mumble.ausns2.org
    Port: 6034

If you have any issues connecting to the server, please post in this thread.

Couldnt get on last night. Made a new connection with the above and it works fine now.

Cool cool, always use mumble.ausns2.org as the IP address so that evenif the host changes IP, it will still resolve correctly on your mumble clients.

Dat dns propagation doh.

Quote Originally Posted by BMO View Post
    Dat dns propagation doh.
    & dat A-record resolution.

Hey guys,

We're going to be discontinuing the mumble server on the current provider as it's been pretty poor quality lately with lots of dropouts and packet loss.

We will probably be moving over to discord as it's free and a lot more stable. We'll have some more details about that when the mumble server finishes up.

Does new service have overlay in game Bonage

Quote Originally Posted by Oozle View Post
    Does new service have overlay in game Bonage
    I believe discord added in-game overlays in a recent patch. Not sure how similar to the mumble one it is though, haven't used it yet.

The guys running the captains sever ( medi /edi )were quick to abandon discord app due to its lack of users , why fix something not that broken packet loss and drop outs are expected , with all the tesltra stuff going on has anyone considered the fact it may as well be routing based ? my mumble overlay hasn't worked in a good 2 years even white listing programs and and adding exceptions to programs etc i have just come to know u all ( apart from baggins he is a cold mofo ) ..... its always good to see a friends face in the mumble or just have a chat . also optus are having massive node issues in some areas ...are we able to rule these out ?

Quote Originally Posted by openyafaceup View Post
    The guys running the captains sever ( medi /edi )were quick to abandon discord app due to its lack of users , why fix something not that broken packet loss and drop outs are expected , with all the tesltra stuff going on has anyone considered the fact it may as well be routing based ? my mumble overlay hasn't worked in a good 2 years even white listing programs and and adding exceptions to programs etc i have just come to know u all ( apart from baggins he is a cold mofo ) ..... its always good to see a friends face in the mumble or just have a chat . also optus are having massive node issues in some areas ...are we able to rule these out ?
    The issues with our mumble server have been on the provider side, and have been occurring frequently throughout the last year. Recent Telstra/optus network issues have no bearing on their server side performance.

Why should we keep paying for an inferior service that has had low patronage for the last year now when we can use a superior service which is free?

ah i thought you were referring to the recent drop outs in mumble , but yeah it has been pretty shit all year

Been enjoying Discord in other games lately. It sounds like a good move.
    The Overlay is nice enough you can hide it on the fly with Shift + ` But having on the left side of the screen might feel a bit weird at first though heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Been enjoying Discord in other games lately. It sounds like a good move.
    The Overlay is nice enough you can hide it on the fly with Shift + ` But having on the left side of the screen might feel a bit weird at first though heh.
    Is it possible to choose which side of the screen and/or transparency level / size?

The mumble server has now finished up - please make your way over to our discord server here:

https://discord.gg/0tlZYslKl2bnB9AD

To add this to your discord servers, simply click on the + symbol on the left side of the discord app, then join server, then paste in the link above.