Close

Lightbulb Ozzy NS2 #1 - [SYD] 24 Slots - 45.121.210.90:27025

Hi Everyone,

I have really enjoyed NS2 for a long time. I absolutely don't want to see this game die, it's such a shame that the popularity decreased.

As a way to try and play my part to help keep this game alive in Australia and give something back to the community I have bought some server hosting, Ozzy NS2 #1 is a 20 (was 24) slot server based in Sydney.

Specs are:

- Intel i7-5960x OC @ 4.3-4.7ghz
    - 64GB DDR4
    - 1 x 512GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD

Hopefully will see you guys in-game!

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I've updated the server name to include a link for the AusNS2.org community, should hopefully help for new players.

[AusNS2.org] Ozzy NS2 #1 [SYD]

- - - Updated - - -

- Updated the server to be 20 slots instead of 24
    - added NS2+
    - added Shine Administration

legitimate genuine authentic good bloke

Update: after receiving some advice I have reduced the capacity down to 18 slots. Hopefully this should make the game more balanced (saves me some money as well )

Also looking to find a couple of people to admin the server, I don't play that often at the moment. private message me if interested.

Seems to be some issues with the server red-plugging after about 5 minutes or so of a map-change. Oozle was having the exact same problem with his servers last week, maybe he can help shed some light.

I haven't experienced this on my servers (yet....)

Thanks.

Not sure why this is happening. I've updated steam on the server and given it a restart.

Hopefully the problem is gone now

Hi All,

Would be great to have some activity on the server over the weekend. Since the 7th of November there has only been 3 days/18 days the server has been live where more than a couple of people have joined. I know new games like SC2 LotV, Fallout4 and Battlefront have just come out so hopefully this is only temporary.

I started this server because I thought there was a problem with a lack of servers in Australia but it seems more like there is just a lack of players for NS2 in general?

Anyway I'll leave it running for a couple more months and if there isn't enough interest I'll probably need to consider cancelling.

Whether we need the extra servers I guess comes down to how fast UWE can pump out their patches with the new team.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bus View Post
    Hi All,

Would be great to have some activity on the server over the weekend. Since the 7th of November there has only been 3 days/18 days the server has been live where more than a couple of people have joined. I know new games like SC2 LotV, Fallout4 and Battlefront have just come out so hopefully this is only temporary.

I started this server because I thought there was a problem with a lack of servers in Australia but it seems more like there is just a lack of players for NS2 in general?

Anyway I'll leave it running for a couple more months and if there isn't enough interest I'll probably need to consider cancelling.
    To be honest you are right in that there is a lack of actual active NS2 player-base in Aus/NZ at the moment, not lack of servers. There are quite a few kind people here like yourself who pay for servers and will bring more online if there is demand for them. I also will dynamically open more servers if there is the demand for it as it doesn't really cost me anything (apart from electricity). If for example there was suddenly an influx of 100 new players tonight, I'm pretty confident that our community could bring up servers very quickly.

Scatter, Bonage, Lucas, Oozle, you, me...

Can we stop using this server?

Its reserved slots configuration is firetrucked up as it stops players from joining when the server is at 17/18 players. You can't use auto-join due to this.