Close

Thread: Overwatch

Overwatch

Hi All,

Longtime no chat, for the few of you that would of remember me, Anema (Nema) (Ah.ne)

Overwatch [Open Beta] starts May and i'm trying to see if any of you guys are coming across? I saw Inter in there the other day etc.

Few of the TF2 boiz are coming across aswell, so just seeing whats been doin & if anyone is planning on migrating?

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

- Add me under my Bnet alias, Againsttime#1167.

I have been playing ESL/HoTS for the last 6-12months waiting for this game to come out.

Ended up Region 3rd for Spring ESL under my team Kyanite eSports though we competing in the Finals for 2nd place, we ended up 3rd after losing to the same team we beat in the Semi's. O well, you win some you lose some. Was a rather boring game i used to fill the void till Overwatch came out.

Anyway, TLDR; add me in Bnet if you wanna play O/W otherwise, enjoy NS2 . peace peace

VODS from Spring ESL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6fnjcOyAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2b5swgS3PM

$70

4chars

Quote Originally Posted by Jekt View Post
    $70

4chars
    Yeah but you get a widow maker skin! I'll probably end up getting it though. The free beta weekend is coming up on May the 5-9th, if you pre-order you get the 3-4th as well.

The game isn't going to be hack free since aimbots are already in use.

https://youtu.be/JCbDX8lpVzU?t=85

Watch his tracking as soldier76(starts off as tracer) then at 2:18 he turns it off after the hackusations begin.

UPDATE

Some closed beta invites went out today unfortunately they're only for the weekend but check those inbox.
    Last edited by Visor; 16-04-2016 at 07:52 AM.

So who's actually going to be playing in the open beta so we can get some groups going?

For those going to play the open beta, new nvidia drivers are up.
    Last edited by Visor; 03-05-2016 at 06:12 AM.

I'm gonna try the open beta tonight after it downloads. Pretty much only bought it for Tracer gameplay.

Played Overwatch for the first time last night and it's a whole lotta fun.

I'll totally be purchasing this.

Started playing in the open beta yesterday. Moshboss#1264 if anyone wants to group.

Let the hackusations begin:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...elock_hacking/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...le_suspicious/

Both links are about OW players in pro teams caught with their pants down. I personally like the 2nd link since he's trying to shoot at one player but he keeps snapping back to one person being ressed.

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote this on overwatch beta forums and thought I'd repost it here. Just some advice when dealing with roadhog.

I think the hook is too easy to get, and its super cheap that you can 2 shots the weak heroes like tracer and some other , without them being able to do anything, I tried it myself and had Absolutely no trouble grabbing and 2 shotting people, CHEAP!!!

You don't 2 shot weak heroes you 1 shot them. A 150hp hero is going to die unless the hero is pulled behind roadhog or off to the side/knockback effect happens. I've played a lot of Roadhog and while the combo is cheap he does have many downsides. Imo what needs nerfing is his RMB I've one shot 200hp heroes with it at a decent enough range that I feel it's to strong for a close quarter hero.

Here is a list of things I've found to be effective to avoid the one shot. Assuming you have more then 150 hp and just been pulled. The following works at the pub level of play.

Lucio - immediately use you're knock back when in range. This will knock back roadhog and force the shot to miss. You can even save team mates doing this. Yes as lucio i've never been hit by the shotgun after being pulled.

Pharah - holding shift to lift up the moment you're free of the stun not 100% to avoid the shotgun blast but makes it harder to kill you after the hook. Alternately you can knock back the Roadhog prior to the pull which even if he lands the hook chances are you won't land infront of him. You can also save team mates with you're knockback which is the best counter due to the range of the attack.

mcree - if you're close enough to flash bang you'll both end up being stunned. You can just roll back to safety after that. If he takes you by surprise you can spam roll and pray. Mcree and Roadhog tend to counter each other it's a who lands the stun first wins kind of deal.

genji - This is the character who always seems to get pulled behind. I've never played him so I can only assume it because of the speed at which he can move. 9/10 I'll just one shot him however. Your strange movement is all you have to work with here. Reflect also works but it's best used when the hook is going out or he'll hold the hook.

Reeper - 250hp is something I've never killed outright with a single hit. There is always enough time to wraith form away whether or not you make it to a medpack before it runs out is up to fate.

Tracer - again speed is you're only defense here once hooked I've never not kill a tracer without being knocked back by something else.

Mei - same for reeper just iceblock up and icewall out of there.

For everyone else baiting the hook is generally pretty easy if you know it's coming. The hook is very large and will deflect off obstacles even small ones. Just keep them between you and him and move around to throw off his aim. Peeking around corners is also very effective since I rarely land a hook when people are actively doing this. The final tip to survive when hooked is moving to the left/right as fast as you can. This will only help you when in a group where they can help out but it's some times enough for you to survive.

As a tip for Roadhog players if you move forward during the hook it breaks the animation allowing you to shotgun and melee before they generally can move. A combo to kill tanks is RMB, hook, step forward, LMB, melee. This is the most damage you can do in the least amount to time from what I've seen. If the melee isn't going to kill you're target just use a LMB is finish the job off.

Here is something I didn't include in the OW forums.

Tips for living through a Mcree encounter are....
    Wallhacks cause unless he can't aim you're not going to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

how much damage can a genji reflect? well it's a lot more then you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_BHN1lp2QQ
    Last edited by Visor; 10-05-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Sick of getting put into US servers? Here is something to try if you use windows, I found it in the OW tech section.

Open CMD as admin and cut and paste each command seperately

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.8.249/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.9.201/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.9.216/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.13.123/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.13.110/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=54.179.188.28/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=90.230.102.240/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=54.169.212.202/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.12.175/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.44.235/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=52.77.215.55/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.13.106/32

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Overwatch USA IP Block" dir=in interface=any action=block remoteip=24.105.12.174/32

While this works unless you can block every server outside of AU you just end up getting connected to higher ping servers.
    Last edited by Visor; 27-06-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Loving Overwatch! Hit me up. username SuperPants.

Quote Originally Posted by spetznatz View Post
    Loving Overwatch! Hit me up. username SuperPants.
    Hey Spetz it's been a while!

What's your full battlenet account? Mine is zimoi#1302.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimoi View Post
    Hey Spetz it's been a while!

What's your full battlenet account? Mine is zimoi#1302.
    Hey! I'll add you when I get back into it.