Close
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    This kind of thing is more a case for the requirement of votekick / voteban than for constantly-online admins, which isn't particularly practical.

I think Hugh noted something recently about how this is in the works, but that they aren't devoting a huge amount of time to it.
    I think the idea is that you have enough so that at any one point at time there is at least 1 on. Right now you have admins that don't even play the game so it's no wonder it isn't working out. I'd rather not put my hope that an extremely small company to develop some sort of tool that they apparently aren't even devoting a whole lot of time to anyway. In the case that no-one gives enough of a shit to care about it - that's absolutely fine, just let us know so we can move onto something else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Fish View Post
    tbh i wouldn't be expecting many admins to be online during a weekday afternoon no matter how active they are or how great the numbers
    Understandable, I'm not asking they play the game 24/7 just if they could be logged onto steam/irc/whatever and have some sort of method to contact them. I have Endar on friends and I don't think I have seen him online ever.
    Last edited by Mosh; 09-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Understandable, I'm not asking they play the game 24/7 just if they could be logged onto steam/irc/whatever and have some sort of method to contact them. I have Endar on friends and I don't think I have seen him online ever.
    Your BEST bet is the Ausns2 Community mumble @ 27.50.71.245 port 55048
    You will almost always find an admin to any Australian server on there (minus UWE official and isolated community segments that don't mingle here with us).
    You can hunt me down there also.
    If not, ask around in the srs (Cereal Business) or Nova clan channels for best chances of finding an admin.

#ausns2 on irc.gamesurge.net
    I'm always in there, you can beep me. Some people occasionally come in to the oldschool #ausns channel asking for help there too.

Allright thanks I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    This kind of thing is more a case for the requirement of votekick / voteban than for constantly-online admins, which isn't particularly practical.

I think Hugh noted something recently about how this is in the works, but that they aren't devoting a huge amount of time to it.
    +1 for votekick / tempban

Votekick just facilitates angry noobs getting revenge on good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    It is possible to get a list of monash admins that we can contact and/or get some more admins in general.
    I'm not sure who's got admin rights and those I can think of, well I'm not sure if they only got access for the purpose of changing maps or doing stuff on the private server.

Anyone who plays on the Monash servers is welcome to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SG_Khyron

I can't guarantee I'll drop everything and come investigate some random guy just because he has a high ping, but if you think someone's a repeat offender I'll give it a crack. On the issue of hackers, I think you'll find most of the admins wary of kicking 'blatantly obvious' hackers because without evidence it's very difficult for us to differentiate someone who is hacking from someone who is just very skilled \(_o)/. For example, if your only evidence is that they're 40/2 KD on a pub, don't even bother.

In terms of getting more admins, I'm all for it but that's a matter for Endar - it's his sever. I think the hard part is finding people who are mature/reasonable. If the community wants to recommend someone maybe that would make it easier for Endar?

Pulse has been added previously, on various occasions. Each time i've added it in the past, it doesnt load combat mode, and just defaults to regular NS2.
    Were you playing it definitely in combat mode? And at what player count. Let me know, i'll add it back.

And as for Admins, mosh asked who they were, or asked to add more (cbf reading), and we had 3 responses from current admins! Two of those offering steam ids and friendships (maybe not true friendships). I will also offer mine, i'm always happy to hear about issues such as hacker/abusers currently playing, a server is lagging, broken, needs restart etc, admin abuse (none reported as yet), or other issues.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965621343/

Just remember, that I am not paying these guys anything to admin shit. It is a job, it does require work and effort, so while you mention that its not your fulltime job to report hackers with tangible evidence, don't forget that it's not their fulltime job either. If you see something that obvious, let one of us know and we can possibly join the game and see. Sidenote, this paragraph was possibly meant for the other thread, but here it is.

Extra Entities mod is now included in Combat, so can remove that since it might cause some problems to have both. Going to load up some maps on the workshop and see if there's any that should be on the server.

co_fortsiege should be removed.
    Last edited by Jekt; 11-04-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Removed fortsiege this morning

If someone reading this thread is able to gift me a copy of NS2 to my secondary account, I will be able to continue the extended consistency checking.

Hoping someone still has a free copy they are happy to part with.

endar, contact me, im willing to give you another copy of ns2
    -/AUS/- Battlegorge

Thanks to Battlegorge, we have now properly eradicated pink skulks!

faceoff is best co map.

Xao I've tried to run that pulse combat map on a local server but the map seems to stuff up my ns2. Are you able to run one locally?

Pulse just crashed everyones game with runtime errors when I tried it.

See I asked ScardyBob about it and he said.

3:40 PM - ScardyBob: never installed it on my server

Heads up, some changes to how consistency checking works in B246: http://www.ensl.org/topics/781

Good news: Don't need to do fancy workarounds to get consistency checking working on all files
    Bad news: You now need to specify the full filepath from the base /ns2/ directory for excluded files

Can you add some more exceptions to the ignore list for consistency checking for me Endar? : D

Error: Mod Saunapack GUI failed consistency checking and will be disabled ('ui/unitstatus_marine.dds' failed)
    Error: Mod Koruyo's Crosshairs Type 6 failed consistency checking and will be disabled ('ui/exosuit_HUD1.dds' failed)

I assume most people having problems with crosshairs is because of that exosuit hud file.