Close

ns2_turtle Updated | Competitive custom map from beta

ns2_turtle on steam workshop.

Some of you might remember ns2_turtle from during the beta. It got a lot of love back then and was played often in 6v6.

WARNING: Hugh inside.

The map recently (yesterday) got its complete overhaul updated onto the workshop. Some of you might be aware that its currently set up to be played in the NSL Season 3 in Week 4.

Best thing about turtle during the beta was the focus on vents and the different elevation levels throughout the map. That theme is still here in the updated version. And it's awesome.

Screenshots!

So yeah, let's play a map that isn't summit or tram. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekt View Post
    So yeah, let's play a map that isn't summit or tram. Thanks!
    Looks good, and yes! the above!

is the power out in that 2nd screenshot ? or is that how it is? looks nice.

Played this map the other day after many months of not playing an earlier version, it's actually looking really profesh and well made! Good to see it getting fleshed out.

Turtle, the kind of map NO can excel on. cos it's so different and features so many possibilities you standard teams cannot think of! hue.
    So is it in the league?

We're still working out what maps will be in the last few weeks of the league. If Turtle is definitely hole-free and performs decently enough by then, it may well be thrown into the ring.

Turtle is broken and not even close to ready.

- - - Updated - - -

A list made by Decoy and Golden - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JLM/edit?pli=1

On top of that, you can't med anywhere with a vent above it or in any of the doorways.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    We're still working out what maps will be in the last few weeks of the league. If Turtle is definitely hole-free and performs decently enough by then, it may well be thrown into the ring.
    *cough*fusion*cough*
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

Teckstures
    Vents
    props
    And maybe fusion.
    CHOP CHOP MOUSEY BOY.

Also why don't we throw dryosity into the mix? It should still be sort of somewhat balanced. and it will add to the variation. lest its broken?

Quote Originally Posted by lucas2616 View Post
    Turtle is broken and not even close to ready.

- - - Updated - - -

A list made by Decoy and Golden - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JLM/edit?pli=1

On top of that, you can't med anywhere with a vent above it or in any of the doorways.
    Wouldn't worry much about this, the mapper is working very hard with Swalk to have these issues resolved in time for NSL.

Quote Originally Posted by mf- View Post
    Wouldn't worry much about this, the mapper is working very hard with Swalk to have these issues resolved in time for NSL.
    Look at you go... posting all the way from Townsville while on a work trip. Now that's dedication!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSAuroN2 View Post
    Also why don't we throw dryosity into the mix? It should still be sort of somewhat balanced. and it will add to the variation. lest its broken?
    Drydosity shouldn't be broken. But I haven't touched it since March. And I'm now thinking of drydosity as my first attempt, not something I'm going to bother to maintain.
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

Turtle has been removed for NSL. The maps remaining however still are interesting to us and are pending. Obviously we want to announce ASAP so you guys can get familiar with them.
    AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

For some reason ns2_turtle reminds me of ns_lost....

The map looks good though I've never played it, seems like the art used in it is much prettier than jambi...

P.S. Jambi is my favorite NS2 map