Close
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 271
  1. #201
    Member Meshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    ═╣▓
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    I'm pleased to say that none of the PTs actually leaked anything. Which for me, is a great relief. It means no one broke our trust or the NDA, and UWE does not have to pursue legal action against some of it's most dedicated fans.

    When I woke up that morning, I noticed it on the front page of AusNS2 - I immediately contacted Hugh & and contacted the AusNS2 admins to ask for it to be taken down, due to it not containing accurate information and UWE not wanting it to be out in public yet. Because this video was on ISE's own account and he was asleep, we had no control to remove the video except to do a Copyright takedown. While this could be used swiftly, it would forever hang a Copyright Violation on ISE's Youtube account and would not maintain his good standing. UWE does not want to punish community members who have done so much to help NS2, so it was decided to ask for removal from AusNS2 rather than Nuke-It-From-Orbit and cause further problems.

    While AusNS2 was within their rights to keep it up, it was not good at all for relations - especially when being asked by both me, Hugh and Kalli which many of you know who we are and what we do. Which is why Hugh posted his Open Letter.
    Awesome! I'm glad there's going to be no legal action taken and that your team of testers are trustworthy. However, I think it's important to note that the email Hugh sent(which was basically identical to this forum post) was roughly 40 minutes prior to the "open letter" posted here, which was sent knowing full well that it was around 1-2AM Australian time. People aren't just staying up all night on a work night to wait for a possible response from someone who claims to call this community home who had to register on these forums to make a post about it. He waited 40 minutes and when there was no response, posted this thread. Our admins went to bed after not receiving a response from you as it was nearing 1am on a weeknight. Once they got to work the next day they saw the response from HughWE and talked before posting a response.

    Seb posted below that we posted it in the "most public form possible" and you've said that you had no control to take it down but I disagree - Hugh is a moderator of r/ns2 and could have deleted the post made by Zimoi. That would've pretty much avoided this entire thing(it would've only been seen by people visiting our website which consists of pretty much everyone who was on the mumble server + a few more). Instead he wrote out an "open letter" posted it and then never came back. The open letter was an improper response to something that could've been quashed by himself by simply deleting a reddit post on a subreddit he is a moderator of.

    I'd also like to point out that it's a bit of a double standard to treat ISE being asleep as a reasonable explanation for him not being able to fix it but Zimoi being asleep and not responding within 40 minutes isn't acceptable and Ausns2 is in the wrong.

    I'm also genuinely curious as to how was it worse for UWE that we publicized this video (2) days before it was publicly released? I'm struggling to understand how this negatively affected sales as we are a niche website that is frequented by a very small number of players. Fewer than the subreddit for ns2(which, while we did appropriate some traffic from there, does not consist of potential buyers)! The majority would have not been frequented by potential buyers.

    Additionally, I can't for the life of me rationalize how it is beneficial to attack a community and threaten the discontinuation of support for a game that we love so much as a result of something that they would blame exclusively on one community that was ultimately not our fault. The people who watched the video are current players/owners of the game. I imagine their reaction would've been similar to mine - excitement. That's not even mentioning the fact that the "reinforced" program is seeking support from current customers/players like myself - not prospective customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    If we're going to move forward from this, we need to start over. I'm willing to put in the time and effort to help you guys get a better relationship with UWE. However, the constant negativity and vile language focused towards UWE and certain staff does not go hand-in-hand with this. If AusNS2 wants to be recognised for more than this episode, so we can build a better future for your community, then the community will need to stand up and recognise what it needs to do.
    We want to move forward from this, however the prospect of starting over is a bit of an asinine comment as in reality we'd just be "starting". It'd be nice to talk to UWE if we are going to be engaging with UWE, not with a playtester as a proxy between our community and the developer. While I am extremely appreciative of not only your presence, but your interest in our community, I hesitant in believing that we can develop any better of a relationship than the (close to)silent treatment we've received for almost the past year. I also find it quite insulting that we need a member of another international community to facilitate our relationship with a company whose public relations manager identifies so strongly with their roots here in our community.

    Honestly, we(I say we but I'm specifically speaking on behalf of myself, really. I'm just assuming that most people agree with me in that we want some sort of follow-up on this whole thing) want to talk to Hugh/UWE. We'd like to speak to him to try and mend things and move on - even if that means he calls us a bunch of shithead losers. So long as we get further explanation for what happened. We don't want to be run through a third party like some sort of lame duck of a community. We're one of the most die hard NS2 communities in the world with a hugely devoted fanbase that has, per capita, purchased more copies of the game than most other countries in the world. We care about the game and we care about the company making the game and so we purchased preorder copies en masse and regular copies post release, too.

    There is a reason why there is constant negativity directed toward UWE on these forums. I will admit that some of it is unwarranted(while i myself am guilty of at times expressing some aggressively negative views of UWE, I still respect the company and their employees and expect others do so as well), albeit not exactly unexpected. This statement doesn't serve to condone the behaviour, I vehemently denounce it at times(see above), however I feel my posts in this thread may serve to explain it somewhat.

    If you'd like further, detailed explanation of exactly why these sorts of responses are the norm here, feel free to message me privately or add me on steam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    I'd also like to thank the AusNS2 community members for not berating my presence here. Cheers!
    I think you really need to put more stock in this statement - there are outspoken dickheads here(as with almost every forum that isn't a heavily moderated enforced circlejerk) who will berate you but overwhelmingly we are welcoming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eff/Archie
    Agreed i'm not even giving UWE any money, i actually had a dream that they had a new badge on the website which was "full funding" it's where you paid the total remainder of the costs that they needed to add a new feature, turns out i had 550k(yeah right, if you got a job for me in Sydney PM me <3 ) and the feature i added was bunnyhop and all the devs face went sour except for max, because he knew from the start that bunnyhop wasn't too bad, and i envy max for being the diamond within the shits.
    ^related/unrelated


    It's a famous scene from a movie, Seb. Also Taz approved it.

    What movie? - Seb

    Scanners.
    Last edited by Meshu; 04-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.

  2. #202
    Administrator Seb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    954
    I agree with you Meshu, but I don't think its as black and white as being a playtester and not a dev. I think both UWE and the head playtester would have pretty close, strong communication. And as you said, his presence is appreciated and hopefully sets a precedent.

    That doesn't disregard the fact that there really has been no 'strictly UWE' posts apart from Hugh's on this forum since it was launched.

  3. #203
    Member Meshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    ═╣▓
    Posts
    302
    Being lead playtester is(as far as I'm aware) a volunteer position, Seb. Yes, he communicates with UWE a lot more than we get to, however he does not represent them as an organisation. That is why Zimoi asked for an official message to post on our website explaining it before taking it down. He wanted something more substantial than "The info in the video is inaccurate" because if it's inaccurate, so what? That doesn't explicitly sound harmful and the video was prefaced with a pretty standard "warning this is a leak. not sure if real. is it real? who knows!" blurb. It's also not the most convincing reason to remove the video. He got no response and it was getting late so he went to bed. Those last few sentences have been blown way out of proportion to be something far more demonizing.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    You aren't, and my post wasn't entirely directed at you, but more the community in general.
    Yeah I know. Just acknowledging my own part in aggravating the negativity. Not really my intention to be an instigator - just fucking around internet lawyering and whatnot

    If anybody needs legal representation, d0ped0g and associates is open for business. My signature move is to berate the jury until they rule in our favour.

  5. #205
    Member Meshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    ═╣▓
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by d0ped0g View Post
    Yeah I know. Just acknowledging my own part in aggravating the negativity. Not really my intention to be an instigator - just fucking around internet lawyering and whatnot

    If anybody needs legal representation, d0ped0g and associates is open for business. My signature move is to berate the jury until they rule in our favour.
    Sounds like you advised Hugh on this thread.


    Oh come on, someone was going to say it.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshu View Post
    ...
    yep.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshu View Post
    Sounds like you advised Hugh on this thread.


    Oh come on, someone was going to say it.
    Bro. I will not have my pristine track record and outstanding reputation as a professional litigator be besmirched by taking any responsibility for that clusterfuck. That is slander, and I will see you in court.

    The peoples court that is... AusNS2 forums. Where all testimony is overseen by the honourable Judge Fudge.

  8. #208
    actually, being a playtester means jack.

    read this: http://trenchescomic.com/tales/post/9810

    i expect UWE to be no different, so yeah.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by cream View Post
    actually, being a playtester means jack.

    read this: http://trenchescomic.com/tales/post/9810

    i expect UWE to be no different, so yeah.
    Actually, I take a lot of pride in the fact that NS2 launched on time, with zero show-stopper bugs and less bugs than most commercial releases nowadays. All this from a completely volunteer playtest team.
    Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
    Community Dev Team Leader NS2

  10. #210
    coming this fall 09

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    coming this fall 09
    I wasn't even involved back then. I can only go by from when I joined.
    Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
    Community Dev Team Leader NS2

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    Actually, I take a lot of pride in the fact that NS2 launched on time
    Ha

    Hahaha.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Ha

    Hahaha.
    When UWE finally announced their final release date it was met. Glad to see the trolling continues.
    Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
    Community Dev Team Leader NS2

  14. #214
    It's not really trolling, what you have to understand here Obraxis is that a solid majority of the AusNS2 community played NS1 and were eager to see NS:S and then, after the changes, NS2 in development. They had zounds of dates set, dozens of setbacks, a sudoku game, an engine change and a lot of pressure from people who were waiting for NS2. Of course their final release date was met, they weren't going to set another release date after it was met now would they? UWE pretty much had to release on that date because as time went on a lot of the people who pre-purchased were honestly getting very frustrated (I raise my hand here)

  15. #215
    UWE certainly released ns2 on October 31st.

    No doubt about that...


    But yea, what Chookz said.

  16. #216
    things are always the last place you look

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Obraxis View Post
    When UWE finally announced their final release date it was met. Glad to see the trolling continues.
    Finally announced their final release date? As opposed to all the non-final release dates they published?

    Who's trolling who now?

  18. #218
    obraxis shouldn't you be tell the people at uwe at how dissatisfied we are with all of this? flayra can't even respond to a polite email so i guess he concurs with hugh's post, proving i shouldn't give uwe money again.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Fish View Post
    shouldn't you be tell the people
    Reading this damaged my brain.


  20. #220
    sorry i typod in a forum post on the internet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •