Close
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 271
  1. #21


    Because he's the hero ausns2 deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.

  2. #22

  3. #23
    The hero emerges!


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by infurn4tr1x View Post
    Oh Cut the crap, secret content? It had been leaked at least 4 hours before the actual announcement, and EVERYONE knew about it, really all zimoi did was level the playing field for those absent during the time of the leak.

    To what end? The damage had been done, the world had fallen apart. Why should something which is really just a discussion on the topic at hand, be taken down when you do not block people access to the topic?

    Hurt the likelyhood that you can make updates? By refusing to take down an announcement of a video which EVERYONE Had access to before the announcement was put up?

    So you're going to go straight ahead and blame all of the ausns2 admins for the decisions made of one person? We dont have a monarchy here, hugh, we have an internetz democracy.

    Short term gains of which is a video that should not be leaked, but an official "Heres what you should expect" Video, we're a mature audience hugh, we expect to be treated with the maturity and integrity of ADULTS. So that means, suprises, generally are poorly recieved. If you soften the blow by communicating with us pre-release of said changes, they are generally better recieved. i.e balancetest.

    It is particularly hurtful we werent trusted with a more official video to begin with, those eu and us communities need to be more pushy in subjects like this. they are too busy being bootlickers.

    Also this isnt unfinished content We're talking about, this video which was leaked was going to be listed the moment the build went live anyway.
    So if its considered finished enough for an overview the content itself, ITS FINISHED UNRELEASED CONTENT.

    I'm pretty sure that the guy who did this, are too ashame on the following comments above, so the person creates an new account and call it Infum4tr1x and answer Hugh back. Bad behaviour, no respect regarding UWE content. It's their content and they made decide what they want to do about it and for what terms. but what can I demand of you? Nothing... But I would prefer you being more polite.

    Anyways, I'm dissappointed that the person behind the leaked and at the same time worried about the up-coming sales. Worried about the excitment will be gone or not, when people knows what's coming and will it impact the sale rate?
    Last edited by oldassgamers; 28-08-2013 at 04:43 AM.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Runteh View Post


    @Chris
    As much as I'm having a giggle at this thread (I liked your image post too :P) it's pretty disgusting that the head admin of ausns2.org decided to disregard UWE's appeal to stop their content from leaking early/remaining on this website. Knowing full well the kind of light the whole ausns2 community would be placed under in doing so.

    It's also annoying to see certain other ausns2 members create 2nd accounts just to shit-post while thinking they would remain anonymous. At least stand by an opinion if you have it. If you're wrong you're wrong. Big deal.

    It's also personally annoying for me because I play on US servers regularly and the high ping gives away that fact that I'm not from the US.

    Whole threads gonna get pruned back so hard when certain people wake up tomorrow though, gotta have a giggle while I can.

  7. #27
    Hi. I'm not from Australia. I don't know if you guys have a different line of thinking down there about these kinds of things... but how is it AusNS2's responsibility to protect UWE?

    As a third party organization that's made by the players, for the players, isn't it more in-line with their responsibility to spread this information to as many people possible? UWE and SuperEffective allowed the information to be uploaded to youtube. It was then leaked to the public. Why, after it was leaked by UWE and their affiliate, should the players NOT spread this information around? If UWE wanted this to be secret, isn't it THEIR responsibility to make sure it stays secret? They already admitted to being unwilling to file a copyright protection claim against SuperEffective, even though it was his fault the video was leaked.

    The way it's looking to me, is UWE, or more specifically Hugh, is attempting to use the AusNS2 community as a scapegoat, when really the only group who did anything "wrong" is UWE and it's affiliates.

    As someone who is NOT part of the Australian community, I can't even begin to fathom why any of you would think this would hurt your reputation with the NA and EU players. The fact that the post was NOT removed only shows that the administrators have a little bit of journalistic integrity and wouldn't pull something that had already been made public. If anything, it makes me have MORE respect for the community.

    I also don't understand why people are worried about this affecting sales. The only sales this will affect are sales going to people who are buying the game blindly. Anyone else would research and watch the video anyways, right? So does it really matter when the video gets seen? If anything, would this leak not provide a little bit more hype for the content patch? Now there's new content, plus a side dose of drama. There is no such thing as bad publicity.
    Last edited by ritual; 28-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ritual View Post
    Hi. I'm not from Australia. I don't know if you guys have a different line of thinking down there about these kinds of things... but how is it AusNS2's responsibility to protect UWE?

    As a third party organization that's made by the players, for the players, isn't it more in-line with their responsibility to spread this information to as many people possible? UWE and SuperEffective allowed the information to be uploaded to youtube. It was then leaked to the public. Why, after it was leaked by UWE and their affiliate, should the players NOT spread this information around? If UWE wanted this to be secret, isn't it THEIR responsibility to make sure it stays secret? They already admitted to being unwilling to file a copyright protection claim against SuperEffective, even though it was his fault the video was leaked.

    The way it's looking to me, is UWE, or more specifically Hugh, is attempting to use the AusNS2 community as a scapegoat, when really the only group who did anything "wrong" is UWE and it's affiliates.

    As someone who is NOT part of the Australian community, I can't even begin to fathom why any of you would think this would hurt your reputation with the NA and EU players. The fact that the post was NOT removed only shows that the administrators have a little bit of journalistic integrity and wouldn't pull something that had already been made public. If anything, it makes me have MORE respect for the community.

    I also don't understand why people are worried about this affecting sales. The only sales this will affect are sales going to people who are buying the game blindly. Anyone else would research and watch the video anyways, right? So does it really matter when the video gets seen? If anything, would this leak not provide a little bit more hype for the content patch? Now there's new content, plus a side dose of drama. There is no such thing as bad publicity.
    ritual you forgot your avatar:


    j/k

    Yes you do make a few fair points. Whilst it's regrettable that this privelaged information got out, and it's unfortunate that those trusted with this information leaked it, we are still yet to see UWE or ISE to accept any measure of responsibility for this. Yes, they didn't leak it, and all they did was trust people not to, but it is still careless to make this an unlisted video rather than a private one. Hugh could do well to remind himself of this and tuck his unicorn tail between his legs before he further alienates the 99.9% of this community who had nothing to do with this leak.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by d0ped0g View Post
    ritual you forgot your avatar:


    j/k

    Yes you do make a few fair points. Whilst it's regrettable that this privelaged information got out, and it's unfortunate that those trusted with this information leaked it, we are still yet to see UWE or ISE to accept any measure of responsibility for this. Yes, they didn't leak it, and all they did was trust people not to, but it is still careless to make this an unlisted video rather than a private one. Hugh could do well to remind himself of this and tuck his unicorn tail between his legs before he further alienates the 99.9% of this community who had nothing to do with this leak.
    The thing is it had to be in unlisted mode for it to be shown to the PT people, in private it wouldn't work. If you trust people you shouldn't have to lock something up, and that's what they didn't do. Unfortunately someone leacked it anyway, and now this happens.
    Plus, we don't know the consequences of this. It may not do anything, but it may harm the game by spoiling the hype, which may or may not be useful for inputing new players into the game.

    In response to ritual, why do you talk about journalistic integrity ? It has nothing to do here. This is not a news website, and so if the UWE people and other NS2 members ask politely (i don't know about this, but i think we can trust it) to remove the article because it may harm the future of the game, it's in your interest to comply as you're supporting the game and it's community (as we may think, this beeing the australian natural selection 2 community, not some gaming news site).
    It's not a game like GTA with a huge playerbase and insane marketing budget, and the update is comming in three days. We could have waited, the hype would have builded up a bit, and i'm not even sure this did that much publicity.
    And the true reveal is spoiled, the people having seen the leak missing the scenic, edited anouncement that will come (it's a huge update, we can expect bigger than for the gorgeous update). So that mean potential work and money wasted, not going to the player as wanted.

    [Edit] But still, we can't blame too much the people that didn't submitted it because that's a normal reaction to share news. It's the ont removing part that's not good.
    Last edited by SewdiO; 28-08-2013 at 07:01 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ritual View Post
    As a third party organization that's made by the players, for the players, isn't it more in-line with their responsibility to spread this information to as many people possible? UWE and SuperEffective allowed the information to be uploaded to youtube. It was then leaked to the public. Why, after it was leaked by UWE and their affiliate, should the players NOT spread this information around? If UWE wanted this to be secret, isn't it THEIR responsibility to make sure it stays secret? They already admitted to being unwilling to file a copyright protection claim against SuperEffective, even though it was his fault the video was leaked.
    Blah blah blah... but you havn't considered the context at all. While it is UWE's responsibility to keep it secret, there is nothing to say that ausns2 should not assist in doing so in the result of an unintended information leak. Fuck ups happen, and out of human decency the best thing that should have been done was to first of all not publish that video, and then to co-operate in taking it down if you already have. This isn't a human rights issue. This isn't a snowden conspiracy.

    As for claiming journalistic integrity, I think you need to get real. This is a preliminary changelog video that was already going to be released in ~3 days. There is absolutely no with-holding of information - what a joke. Is it such a big ask to not publish information for 3 days so that it can be polished and corrected? Is it such a big ask to allow UWE to go ahead with their planned announcement and marketing timeline without disturbance?

    Ausns2 is not just a news organisation, it is an official front room for community interaction. Claiming journalistic integrity for stupid shit like this is pure retard. Pick your fights, and use fig leaves where necessary.

    The way it's looking to me, is UWE, or more specifically Hugh, is attempting to use the AusNS2 community as a scapegoat, when really the only group who did anything "wrong" is UWE and it's affiliates.

    As someone who is NOT part of the Australian community, I can't even begin to fathom why any of you would think this would hurt your reputation with the NA and EU players. The fact that the post was NOT removed only shows that the administrators have a little bit of journalistic integrity and wouldn't pull something that had already been made public. If anything, it makes me have MORE respect for the community.
    Mistakes.. no, accidents happen. Leaks are always going to be a systematic risk you cannot get rid of, no matter how tight you try and implement controls. When you have the choice to either help someone fix a simple accident, or compound it, which one is the least dick option?

    If you make the dick choice, how can you not think that people are going to think you're a dick? I'm not from NA or EU and i already think its dick. Gaining respect from other dicks for doing dick things is probably not the best idea unless you want your site to become dickns2.org.

    Which one do you think is more valuable? The ability to instantly tap into a larger audience through UWE forum announcement, twitter, and shoutout time? Or the respect of dicks around the world?

    I also don't understand why people are worried about this affecting sales. The only sales this will affect are sales going to people who are buying the game blindly. Anyone else would research and watch the video anyways, right? So does it really matter when the video gets seen? If anything, would this leak not provide a little bit more hype for the content patch? Now there's new content, plus a side dose of drama.
    Your being overly legal, and that is usually the sign of someone who's been forced to the edges trying to defend something.

    This isn't about sales, this is about having some good fucking ethics. Do you know what UWE's release plan for the content patch is? How do you know that releasing this video does not harm the impact that they were planning to make with a co-ordinated build release, build trailer, and changelog trailer?

    There is no such thing as bad publicity.
    The context of this often quoted 'pearl of wisdom' is that you are able to twist said bad publicity around to your favour. This isn't always the case. Please tell me Hugh's OP is going to go on and spark wonders for UWE.
    Last edited by elodea; 28-08-2013 at 07:37 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SewdiO View Post
    The thing is it had to be in unlisted mode for it to be shown to the PT people, in private it wouldn't work. If you trust people you shouldn't have to lock something up, and that's what they didn't do. Unfortunately someone leacked it anyway, and now this happens.
    Plus, we don't know the consequences of this. It may not do anything, but it may harm the game by spoiling the hype, which may or may not be useful for inputing new players into the game.

    In response to ritual, why do you talk about journalistic integrity ? It has nothing to do here. This is not a news website, and so if the UWE people and other NS2 members ask politely (i don't know about this, but i think we can trust it) to remove the article because it may harm the future of the game, it's in your interest to comply as you're supporting the game and it's community (as we may think, this beeing the australian natural selection 2 community, not some gaming news site).
    It's not a game like GTA with a huge playerbase and insane marketing budget, and the update is comming in three days. We could have waited, the hype would have builded up a bit, and i'm not even sure this did that much publicity.
    And the true reveal is spoiled, the people having seen the leak missing the scenic, edited anouncement that will come (it's a huge update, we can expect bigger than for the gorgeous update). So that mean potential work and money wasted, not going to the player as wanted.

    [Edit] But still, we can't blame too much the people that didn't submitted it because that's a normal reaction to share news. It's the ont removing part that's not good.
    I was about to post virtually identically this. So this, but with actual emphasis.

    It's clearly a playtester who leaked it originally. We trust our playtesters implicitly. Clearly, our trust was misplaced in one person's regard. I'm in charge of all of them, so it's my responsibility to make sure this is rectified as best as it can be, and to ensure it doesn't happen again.

  12. #32
    Well, I didn't expect to wake up to this thread.
    To be honest, I thought it was a 'leak' as opposed to an actual leak. Highly polished, a well-known website, and it appeared a few days before release - the perfect formula for a video designed to build hype. Personally, I would have leapt upon the opportunity this leak presented.

    I wouldn't be surprised if zimoi thought it was a 'leak'. He's not a dick. He was presented with an opportunity to help a pre-release hype video get noticed. So he posted it as news and let reddit know about it. Which, incidentally, he's also done for previous updates.
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

  13. #33
    Yeah that's quite normal, it's the fact that it was not removed when asked that's more problematic. But then once again, we don't know the full story.

  14. #34
    If it was removed (seems like it just was, eidt: or not) from the AusNS2 front page, it would just be posted up somewhere else. At least here it would of been easier to control. I know it wasn't taken down. However I also know if some of the information was incorrect and you didn't want it thought of as fact, that the admins would have edited the content for you.

    Don't register on the forums of your "home" community just to condemn them for posting information that would end up somewhere else anyway.
    Last edited by spawneh; 28-08-2013 at 10:19 AM.

  15. #35
    ITT: Spawneh assumes everyone else in ns2 has the complete disregard of morals and common decency that other certain people have.

    It's a huge dick move. Don't understand how Zimoi can log in for a half hour, then log out with no reply. Don't talk about a community when selfish individuals have put their own desires above everyone elses.

    And no, it wasn't 'just removed' it was removed hours ago by the dark knight against the wishes of the original poster.

    +1 at least someone gives a shit about everyone else in ausns2 that doesn't wanna live in monash 1 and 2 24/7 . At least some people can see the amount of work UWE is putting into the game and respect it, even if they don't agree with it all the time. Don't recall anyone from EU or NA finding out about a big upcoming patch from UWE and going : "Shit yeah, I'll just post all this shit up - Spoil any hype/marketing push UWE had planned. I know they asked me to take it down...but fuck 'em! YOLO!"

    It's embarrassing.

    inb4 the fuckin' prune. I know this is a shit-post but whatever.

  16. #36
    a classic hugh post. shit loads of words and hyperbole but little to no content. you're a serious joke of a pr guy because whenever you spew your verbal diarrhea you manage to put more people offside than just keeping your ridiculous mouth shut would have done.

    even better you saying this is your "spiritual home" since i remember you signing up to the old ausns2 forums just to advertise ns2hd and since no one gave a shit you went away, a 1 post wonder that can only handle it when the same people are circle jerking each other with awesomes on the uwe forums. maybe you should learn to grow a spine and interact with people without chucking a hissy fit when shit doesn't go your way or you see something you don't like.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    593
    Leaked design and calcs! Billions goes to another company overseas!
    Just like when UWE had a leaked patch...

    I'm not for leaking this kind of stuff, but it's not that bad honestly.

  18. #38
    i just realised there's something in my previous post that might confuse you hugh sorry for not clarifying (it's pronounce hi-per-bo-lee)

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ITT: Spawneh assumes everyone else in ns2 has the complete disregard of morals and common decency that other certain people have.
    Hi there, you must be new to the internet, once something is posted online, it is there forever.

  20. #40
    Member Meshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    ═╣▓
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by uwe.Strayan View Post
    Hi AusNS2 admins,

    By ignoring us, you have hurt us at Unknown Worlds. You have hurt the likelihood that UWE can support NS2 in future. You have hurt the game you purport to support. You have destroyed my respect for the AusNS2 community organisation (Though certainly not its members) and my desire to provide the same support to AusNS2.org as UWE supports other NS2 communities.
    Absolute bollocks, mate. You've done next to nothing to help us in the past and I don't think anyone had any expectation of you doing anything to support us in the future. I couldn't even get you to retweet information about our cybergamer.com.au tournaments we were running(the first big tournaments in aus with 24 teams signed up to it). Instead I got you responding to tweets about socks and other tripe which I fed to you in an attempt to see whether or not you actually gave a shit. Clearly you did not. This community has been largely ignored by UWE and yourself. I tried to add you on steam after mf's weekend tournament(you know, the one which had the draw in it?) and you declined my friend request, meanwhile Wasabi accepted and offered to help out with casting stuff for the CG events.

    Threatening the entire NS2 community with the discontinuation of support for the title game in UWE's product line because a small (unsupported) community posted a leaked video on our webpage that less than 500 people frequent is pretty disgusting. You're trying to witch hunt our admins and not being factual in your attempt to do so. Don't scapegoat us and don't come here threatening us as your first post in almost a year, mate. That's your idea of supporting us? Good joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by uwe.Strayan View Post
    I don’t understand why you chose to ignore us, but I imagine it is because you saw short term gains for this website, as NS2 players everywhere click through to you. To value such short term gains over the long term future of NS2… It is very upsetting that any member of the NS2 community would do such a thing.

    What gains? This website isn't run for advertising revenue and hits. We aren't sitting on mumble jerking each other off over how amazing the website is now that it has the super secret and coveted leaked youtube video on the front. From what I understand, Zimoi chose to keep it on the front because we're a fansite and leaked stuff ends up on fansites. That's his reasoning and he's the person who owns the website, so that's his decision ultimately. The crosspost to reddit mightn't have been the nicest thing but it did make me laugh. This is the most attention we've gotten from UWE since NS2 was released!

    Quote Originally Posted by uwe.Strayan View Post
    It is particularly hurtful that you chose do this as my fellow Australian NS2 players. Working at UWE, I miss home - And I used to look to AusNS2 as my 'home' of NS2 play. Now I feel much more kinship with the European and US communities that chose not to propagate unreleased content, and in fact pushed for its removal wherever they saw it.

    Hugh (uwe.Strayan/NS2HD)
    The video was leaked by decoy from a US team. by the time it got to us it was something like 7th hand leak. It was going to do the rounds in the community one way or another, our tiny community having it on the front page made no real difference because noone from outside Australia/NZ gives a shit about our website or community as evidenced by your vast post history.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SantaClaws View Post
    The crux of the problem as I understand it is; that by leaking the information you hurt UWE's abillity to hype up the content patch, because people will see the official release video in let's say a week, and they will gloss right over it because they already know it's coming. Most people will probably still watch the official video, but they will not get as 'pumped' as if it was entirely new to them.
    It's being released in 3 days...they're running out of time to hype it beyond what they've done already!
    Last edited by Meshu; 28-08-2013 at 12:02 PM. Reason: update

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •