Close
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Cheers big ears!
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Would it please be possible to include the mod fix for Linux clients on all DZ servers?

http://ausns2.org/showthread.php?128...-for-GNU-Linux

The server is back up after a hard reboot, but not sure if the drive is going to lock up and die again.
    When I discussed the issue with my Colo provider they stated they may need to look into closing the service because it is no longer something they wish to continue with (they want to focus more on VPS rather than colo/dedicated), but I will find out tomorrow what the outcome of this discussion is.

Quote Originally Posted by warped View Post
    Would it please be possible to include the mod fix for Linux clients on all DZ servers?

http://ausns2.org/showthread.php?128...-for-GNU-Linux
    Done

The time has come.
    RIP DZ NS2

servers will probably go offline whenever

ty for hosting them as long as you did

Sad to hear but thanks for hosting them.

thanks - bld. Your servers have been crucial for the enjoyment and development of many in this community. Thank you for your assistance as well for helping to host various tournaments on your servers.

I'm sure Dangerzone will go down in ausns history along with monash as one of the great homes of NS2.

Only Lucas approved server for ages!!

Thanks mate for all your hard work over the many hours of ns2 server time!

With scatter leaving soonish, we'll be left with no server hosts in Australia!!!! Might be time to look into Amazon Cloud in Sydney
    Last edited by bonage; 20-01-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mf- View Post
    With scatter leaving soonish, we'll be left with no server hosts in Australia!!!! Might be time to look into Amazon Cloud in Sydney

Already have one on standby I use it ror testing but god its shit, multiply is better somewhat but still shit. Amazon can handle 10-12 players but bad reg and interp issues.
    ~Archie

Cloud for any other game but NS2

Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    Already have one on standby I use it ror testing but god its shit, multiply is better somewhat but still shit. Amazon can handle 10-12 players but bad reg and interp issues.
    Interested to know what spec VM you built that had bad rego/interp?

Thank you all for your support - while it was a very flakey start, it turns out that when you actually put a little bit of effort in you can make things not suck.
    Who knew?

As I had previously alluded to, my provider no longer wishes to work with Colo customers and politely asked if I'd consider discontinuing my service. Then he didn't mention it again for a month or two - but I've decided to throw in the towel anyway. I didn't play much NS2 when I started the servers, and I pay even less attention to it now. It seems silly to continue paying for a server I don't use with a host that wants to close.

I'm glad to have been one pylon in the bridge from Monash's shutdown, and I'd like to thank those of you who put their hand up to help administer the servers (any effort is more than zero effort!). I'm actually pretty surprised they got any use at all, considering their beginnings.

I have another server in Sydney still running, which is a dual Xeon which would run the game like shit, which I'd be happy to throw one server up there if necessary. I kinda nuked the NS2 box already, so I'd have to rebuild configs and stuff, but it's a possibility.

Anyway.
    Thanks for the kind words, the unkind words, and for playing.
    See you around.

Dont forgot about the I3d server it will still be up for long time and lots ppl enjoy playing on that now that tickrate has been fixed up and running pretty smooth at 16 or 18 player