Close
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GorgiePie View Post
    LOL

I was trying to join my friends from tummy + sarah. Sarah left because he thought the server had died and I got in. I don't even know how to DDoS and Jimbo doesn't seem like that kind of guy either. Are you sure it's like directed at your server in particular or what?
    Like I said - I don't actually think you did it. It was definitely aimed at our servers. We have multiple monitors running at different levels.

pretty much all the local ns2 servers this week have been ddos'd - mutiplay were also having mega issues as scatter said, so I wouldnt be surprised if it were the same culprit.

I'm blaming DECO!

Looked at the tickrate on server #1 - it must have shat itself.
    Tried to remote into the server and it's stuck... The entire box may have shat itself.

Updates to follow.

Edit:

Looks like there might be a fresh exploit in this patch. 2 official UWE servers are running at about 20% performance and the ausns2 official is running at the same.

Edit2:

Both servers seem to have dumped all their players... anyone in the server at the time see anything?
    Last edited by bld; 24-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Noticed a lot of UWE officials stuck at 20-30% performance and reporting players inside but not being able to join or refresh data in the browser.

Georgiepie made a post in Mr Amckern's ns1 thread about NS2c. So I put it on server #4 - games4.dangerzone.com.au:27035 or find it in the server list.
    No idea if it works with the latest patch or if it is configured directly. I set it up using my ipad from work, so I can't test.

Rgr, will test.
    Though i don't think ns2c has been updated for a few months now. o.O
    And it isn't even running, Only has shine admin. Though, admittedly, that's probably for the best.
    Last edited by NSAuroN2; 27-02-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSAuroN2 View Post
    Rgr, will test.
    Though i don't think ns2c has been updated for a few months now. o.O
    And it isn't even running, Only has shine admin. Though, admittedly, that's probably for the best.
    Thanks. I'll turn the server off for now and look at it when I'm actually able to test it.

The server was fine, it's just that it didn't load the ns2c mod at all.
    if you can't get the classic mod working, maybe going back to custom maps + league mod/friendly fire? gives a nice change of pace.

Would it be possible to have the cross spawns plugin for Shine mod installed? close spawns summit is still an issue as it has always been.

ns2c is kept up to date, should be working fine.
    Dragon even said he would be working on an option to have vanilla ns2 movement.

+1 cross spawns shine plugin
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...archtext=cross

Quote Originally Posted by Jekt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Oh and custom HUD also would be good.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ext=custom+hud
    Will either of these stop hive stats?

The white-listing for hive is manually entered by one guy so it depends if he even looks to see if the mods have changed. I know the AusNS2 TUFF server is white-listed and has CHUD/AusNS2 Mod/Shine etc

Okay, I've installed the cross-spawns plugin on the servers, they may need a restart to actually take effect.
    Didn't change anything in the NS2C server but it appears to be working. There was an update to the mod today, so that may have had something to do with it.

I have not installed the custom huds addon. Is there enough people that want it?

custom hud is a must every server should use it, if anything to lower the decibels on the 747 skulls that fly around the map

Okay well it's now installed on #1 and #2, I don't know if it will break stuff on Combat or NS2C so I've left it off for now.
    Maps will need to change before it comes into effect.

Thanks!

Cross spawns Shine plugin isn't working.

Did you enable it in the Shine BaseConfig.json file? Under ActiveExtensions?

All talk appears to be enabled on the NS2C server.
    Would love to have a few games on that server soon with low ping now!

TYVM bid for hosting it!!

EDIT:
    Now all the DangerZone servers are offline...
    Last edited by Mazza; 02-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.