Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AusNS2 Android

Greetings!
    Now that AusNS2 is powered by vBulletin, I've been looking at getting access on it via my phone. It'd great to get a notification to a subscribed thread or PM.

One thing I've found is Tapatalk, but it requires a plugin to be installed on the server.

Could this plugin be installed? Has anyone used Tapatalk? Is there some other app that would work with AusNS2?

Thanks
    steamcommunity.com/id/AndreTheHunter

Definitely keen to get a mobile site going.

Might be on the back burner initially whilst we focus on other areas, but it's definitely on the books.

Comment

Hi Andre,

I'm pretty reluctant to put any kind of app wall in front of the forums on a mobile platform, because when other sites do it, it really pisses me off. It would be ideal if you could do it unobtrusively somehow, but i'll have to do some research.

Another thing to note is vBulletin 5 has a number of mobile-friendly additions, including both responsive templates and the ability to create native mobile apps (the former would only apply if we entirely re-worked the front-end of the site, and the latter costs $399 - get donating!) - that said, vBulletin 5 is not yet mature so we made the decision to move to 4 instead, which is still the LTS option.

I'll put it on the backburner to consider, and by all means if you find something cool, suggest it; but for now it's pretty low priority and not very gracefully possible (that I know of)

Comment

um i made a donation a few days ago actually, maybe you should buy that thing you said

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Fish View Post
          um i made a donation a few days ago actually, maybe you should buy that thing you said
          When the other $398.99 comes in i'll get right on that.

Comment

I agree with Taz re: the Tapatalk thing. I hate sites with that OMG TAPATALK!!!! prompt

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              When the other $398.99 comes in i'll get right on that.
              wow, talk about a real scrooge

Comment

Working...
              X