This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seb View Post
    Remember that your teams are independent from the league that is running, and that a league does not have to be running for a team captain to edit his team. Keep those teams up to date!
    Any chance of being able to flag a clan member as inactive?
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
      Any chance of being able to flag a clan member as inactive?
      Possibly, you can also just remove them from the clan for the period that they are inactive, and reinstate them if they become active again.
      AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Wasn't it hard enough the first time? Now you're saying we need to do it several times if we want to go inactive for a few months? Ouch dude, ouch.

Comment

I just don't know what benefit there would be in flagging someone as inactive? Oh good, player x is inactive, so what?
          AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Yeah, i'm not seeing a point in spending time implementing that. If they're in the clan, they can stay on the roster. If they're not, they can be removed.

Limited dev time means some people's hopes and dreams need to be crushed, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              Yeah, i'm not seeing a point in spending time implementing that.
              k

I was actually thinking of it as a convenience feature. Not so much to make it easier to manage your own clan, but to make viewing other clans and seeing who you're likely to be up against easier. P'raps through the inactive members being hidden or greyed out or something.
              -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

Comment

*aus proceeds to have a 50 person long roster with 5 active members*

Comment

League System Update

With signups for season 2 being open and alot of teams and players shuffling around - I've made one quick change to make this easier:

Player Details Persistence

Leaving a team will no longer destroy all traces of a league player but instead orphan the player and then re-link them to a team when they join one. The main benefit of this is that users changing teams from now will not have to re-enter SteamIDs.

Apologies to all who have changed teams already - you will need to re-enter your SteamID before the start of the league. Note also the rules regarding SteamID cooldowns are going to become a bit looser - stay tuned for a rules update later this week.

Comment

League System Update

Self-Service Score Submission

With Season 2 of the league closing in, I've added the ability for team captains to add the scores from their match after the rounds have been played. This will become a requirement - so captains need to remember to head to the match page and enter scores after each match.

It works in much the same way as time suggestion. Just head to the match page and click 'Add Result' under your team's name.

A form will appear - enter the rounds won by each team, making sure they add up to the number of rounds that must be played in each match (4, in this league's case) and not leaving either field blank.

Click 'OK' when you're done, and the score will be submitted. You'll see your team's status change on the match page:

If the teams enter differing scores, the details will be sent to admins who will get in touch with the team captains and, after sorting out the result, manually enter the proper score. Please try to make sure this doesn't happen and confirm scores with the other team before entering them if you're at all unsure.

My next goal is to add some notifications around the time & score addition system, but right now captains will need to be vigilant and check their match pages for updates both pre (time) and post (score) match.

Comment

All we need is the comments sectionnnnnn. : D

Comment

Originally posted by Jekt View Post
                        All we need is the comments sectionnnnnn. : D
                        League System Update

Match Chat

Match chat is finally in - captains can leave comments on a match page to organise a match. Note that from now on, this match chat section (along with the time suggestion system) will be the number one thing looked to by admins when determining fault should teams not manage to schedule a match. Please use this system to communicate if anything needs to be communicated or decided with the other team.

Extended Notifications

I've also added a bunch of extra reasons that captains will be sent a notification. On top of the already existing notifications for team joining and leaving actions, the new ones are:

• Time suggested / accepted / rejected for one of your matches
                        • Score added for one of your matches
                        • New comment on one of your matches

Note that both of these things are only available for team captains - I don't want to be spamming everyone, so they hold the responsibility - as they should.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                          X