Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epic_Wink View Post
    When are the good times?
    Usually after 6pm there's at least 2 servers that are full up till midnightish.

Comment

Also, if your PC is struggling performance wise or you just want a heap more fps, you can try out an fps config. Most of the streamers who play the game use these i have found. Basically it simplifies or in some cases completely removes all the textures from the walls etc. In some ways it is a shame using one of these as the game does look pretty good, but for now it is not that well optimised. There is a bit of speculation as to whether this level of customisation will be available when the game is fully released but for now it will give you a pretty significant performance boost.

I will rewrite the instructions below as the instructions on the OP of the original thread are a bit incomplete I found.

1. Navigate to My Documents/My Games/UnrealEngine3/ShooterGame/Config
      2. Create a backup of ShooterEngine.ini but don't store the backup in the same directory or in any sub directory of the Config folder
      3. Copy http://pastebin.com/xWMmSLdC to the directory in step 1 and make sure the file is name ShooterEngine.ini
      4. Open the file in a text editor, search for MaxSmoothedFrameRate, and set it to whatever value works for your setup.
      5. Right click on the file > Properties > Set the file to Read Only
      6. Start the game and set your resolution to whatever you want (it will have changed after changing the config)

As I said before, there is no guarantee that this level of customisation will be supported in the final product, but for now while I am playing on my 3 year old PC it works a treat.

You might want to do a before and after with regard to what fps you get. Command for that is 'stat fps' in console.
      Last edited by Kartoshka; 11-04-2015, 01:14 PM. Reason: Updated config that works with the new patch.

Comment

Games gone massively downhill imo.

• Auras healing station is still fucking retarded
        • Loadout cards are bullshit and give massive tangiable buffs to those that have them over the vanilla class. It's pay to win for the gold cards.
        • Framerate is worse than NS2s,
        • Get kicked to the main menu with a 'critical error' after about 10 minutes of play
        • The server browser filters aren't responsive and often don't work at all
        • Graphic settings reset and require config files to be set to read only
        • Massive delays between rounds and multiple countdown timers make the objective servers unbearable
        • Half of the classes are missing that have been freely available throughout the beta.

Isn't any better than Brink right now, and problems that have been in the game since they started the beta a year ago haven't been addressed at all. Nothing has changed really, just gotten worse. Not really looking forward to this anymore.

Fun to play for about 10 minutes, before the game crashes. Perfect timing really.

Comment

Can't comment on everything you said Jekt as I have not been involved in the earlier stages of the beta nor did I play any of the game's predecessors so I have nothing to compare it to. I have however been enjoying what little I have experienced of it.

On the crashing front, I'm interested to know what causes this because I don't think I have crashed once since installing but I know several others have had the problem. The only difference I can think of between my setup and others is that other people have had the game installed a lot longer than me, so a fresh install might yield some results. If it doesn't, I guess it is just some vendor specific problems to do with video cards perhaps. It is a pretty game breaking problem though for the people that have it.

I don't find Aura's healing station that annoying, but find Fraggers nades to be pretty dumb. Tommy was saying that the hp on the healing station is going to be reduced in the next patch though doesn't really help if it is behind a wall or something and you can't actually shoot it. The thing that confuses me is why Aura seems to heal at a 100% rate from her heal station, and yet Sawbonez' only gets like half the regen from his own medpacks compared to when he gives them to other people.

Agree with regard to performance. Without a custom optimised config, I find I get fairly frequent fps drops, even if the general fps is liveable. Server browser is pretty bad at the moment. I find mine breaks after the first game. And yes, the countdown timers and delays are completely unnecessary.

Don't really agree regarding loadout cards. Some of the buffs are pretty good to have for sure, but others are trivial. I don't think I have got a loadout card that has 3 really game-breakingly strong buffs together. Also, as far as I know there is no benefit to having gold cards over bronze or silver. Bronze, silver and gold all have 3 perks and I don't believe the perks get better as you go up, the only difference being the skins. If someone started playing the game and wanted to be fully competitive with someone who had all the loadouts, they would not need that much game time to get 3 bronze loadouts on 3 of there classes using the trade up system. Not saying the loadout card system is perfect or benefits the game that much, but I think you are maybe exaggerating the negative impact it has on the game.

Don't know why I am being so optimistic about the game and pretending to be a Splash Damage employee. I guess its just that little bit of hope in finding something to tide me over until NS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartoshka View Post
            ... I guess its just that little bit of hope in finding something to tide me over until NS3.

AHAHHAAAHAAHAHA he made a funny

Comment

Originally posted by Epic_Wink View Post
              AHAHHAAAHAAHAHA he made a funny
              Hey it's possible... it'll probably just be a HL3 mod.

Comment

Yeah I miss the class options from the Nexon days. That french self reviving medic or the guy with the turrets were fun to play.

I'd like to see the cards having more sidegrade options/debuffs I mean sure eventually you might end up buying cases but until then a 33% slower overheat and faster reload on fragger is just a straight upgrade. Would be nice to have less accuracy or slower run speed to balance that.

The server menu is suuper weird. I get in on games listed as 12/12. Or find a 16/16 server that has 7/6 that my friends can't join onto. Just really dumb bugs.
                The lack of any kind of autobalance is super crap as well. Something similar to Nosgoth's style of play one mixed round then autoshuffle would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekt View Post

Don't worry, they fixed it. It now only has slightly more HP than Aura has.

Originally posted by RETARDED DEVS
                  Aura
                  Reduced Healing Station deployable health to 90hp (from 100hp)
                  This makes the station a little easier to destroy, without detracting from it's role of powerful, fixed, in-combat healing
                  Full changelog http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/di...whacker-update

Comment

Aura
                    • Reduced Healing Station deployable health to 90hp (from 100hp)

Arty

• Reduced Artillery Cooldown to 20s (from 25s)

It's flayra's balance mod all over again....

Comment

Yeah Aura and Fragger are OP and I would like them to address this but I suppose the other mercs aren't available yet to see how truly unbalanced they are.

• Loadout cards are bullshit and give massive tangiable buffs to those that have them over the vanilla class. It's pay to win for the gold cards.
                      They are bullshit but not for those reasons. As Kart said, Gold and Silver offer only skins over Bronze, and Bronze is easy to get anyway. I just hate RNG as customisation quite frankly. The fact that cards above bronze offer nothing isn't communicated though as I only learnt this on the forums.

• Framerate is worse than NS2s,
                      On my laptop I never go below 110 fps in Dirty bomb while in ns2 it drops to 70 and is usually below 100. There definitely has been a decrease in performance lately, but the game is still in beta and has a better starting point than NS2 which after 3 years still has bad performance (better than before) and it's a released game. Does everyone have stockholm syndrome or something where we side with our own abuser?

• Get kicked to the main menu with a 'critical error' after about 10 minutes of play
                      • The server browser filters aren't responsive and often don't work at all
                      • Graphic settings reset and require config files to be set to read only
                      • Massive delays between rounds and multiple countdown timers make the objective servers unbearable
                      This is all a criticism of supporting structures of the game rather than of the game itself. The devs have made comment on some of these things not being ideal and I mostly agree with your comments. I am more interested in how the game plays though since a shit game with bells and whistles is still shit but a decent/good game with annoying bugs and shitty structures can be solved. Although, I know that these days you're very much a skins, betting and chievos kind of guy so I guess priorities can change ^^

• Half of the classes are missing that have been freely available throughout the beta.
                      I am unhappy that in a limited player closed beta things that were available for testing are now no longer available in a free to play game that needs a way to make money.

Originally posted by bonage
                      It's flayra's balance mod all over again....

Not really, since Flayra's balance mod made lerks massively overpowered while this patch is basically too conservative in one area (aura healstation HP) and missing the point in another area (artillery frequency wasnt the problem, having to stand still and awkwardly aim it is).
                      Last edited by Scatter; 09-04-2015, 06:52 PM.
                      http://steamcommunity.com/id/scatterbrains

Comment

did intrik play a round and kill you or something jekt

Comment

I agree: too much time between games. It's a massive turn-off, and usually leads me to quit the game and actually do something productive. Like a minimum of 15 seconds from properly joining a match in progress to playing the game? 45 seconds of post-game reports? 15 seconds of countdown after all loadouts and maps are locked in? Really?

Comment

My biggest concern (among others) for this game is the performance. Since the new patch I had to revert to the default config and wow, on low settings and low res I was getting sub 100 fps with dips down to about 70.

Kind of a shame that some game developers aren't taking a performance-first approach to developing their games. It seems to be this view that optimisation can be done all at the end once the game is complete, but that whole principle seems very flawed. It was with ns2 and is with this game. Optimisation should be a key ingredient baked into the product, not a superficial sprinkling of icing sugar at the end.

Unless they increase the customisation that you can do in-game without having to edit config files that break after every patch, I think the potential player base will be highly limited with regards to both the casual gamer population and more competitive players.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayar View Post
                              did intrik play a round and kill you or something jekt

Comment

Originally posted by tumhole View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X