No announcement yet.

what PC should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok - my advice is wait until the end of the year and then do a big upgrade then. You will have more options, and if you dont immediately need the extra power and can manage, you have more time to save up more $$.

Comment

FYI I got the 144hz monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by d0ped0g View Post
        FYI I got the 144hz monitor.
        Make sure you set 144hz mode from within windows adapter settings for the monitor in order for it to work! Lots of people don't realise this and run their new 144Hz monitors at 60Hz unknowingly. Then prepare to have your aim and tracking improve instantly

Comment

Yeah thankfully the Overwatch resolution options alerted me to this. Didn't realize I needed to use a different cable too.

Comment

He's right about the recording gear, any basic interface pre's will do a decent enough job especially for a dynamic mic. If you want great pres combined with a good interface, look at the focusrite interfaces.

- Pro Apple guy
            AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Myself and others have had bad experience with focusright fireware interfaces getting bleed between channels but this was years ago, I'm sure their gear is better now.
              I'm still using an old mbox 2 on the laptop and an old presonus FP10 for basic recording at home. Cheap but good!

Comment

Memory 8G+
                TLC SSD 256G+

This two should be on the list.
                Last edited by portupepe; 07-02-2017, 08:15 PM.
                UUkeys Windows Password Reset

Comment

Working...
                X