Looking to take part in organized gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to take part in organized gameplay

Since I've just made an account, I figure this can be more of an introduction than a request for a place in a clan. I recognized a lot of names browsing through a few discussions around here, and I'm sure a few of you will have seen me around, if you play after dinner.

I started playing NS2 about 6 months ago, and now that I'm done with uni, and free nightly, I'm interested in joining in with any sort of organized (read: not pub) matches.

I'd be happy to join in as a backup player, an extra, or just someone to practice with. In essence, I'd like to participate in something other than pubs. Probably join in a PuG, if anyone can tell me how.

Skills/Resume:
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/47175294

202 hours on steam. Never played marine. But if it's compulsory, I guess I can start practicing. I've played my share of FPS.

Played Savage 1 & 2.

I consider myself:
    A skilled, but suicidal, skulk
    A decent gorge (not great with spit in 1v1 encounters)
    A poor lerk
    A below average fade (Not worth the res, imo)
    A skilled onos (which I save for 90% of games)
    And a superb commander

Please let me know if there's a place for me to join in. I'll most likely be on every night from 9-10pm onwards, so feel free to speak with me then, if it's more convenient.

Originally posted by CORR0S1VE View Post
    Since I've just made an account, I figure this can be more of an introduction than a request for a place in a clan. I recognized a lot of names browsing through a few discussions around here, and I'm sure a few of you will have seen me around, if you play after dinner.

I started playing NS2 about 6 months ago, and now that I'm done with uni, and free nightly, I'm interested in joining in with any sort of organized (read: not pub) matches.

I'd be happy to join in as a backup player, an extra, or just someone to practice with. In essence, I'd like to participate in something other than pubs. Probably join in a PuG, if anyone can tell me how.

Skills/Resume:
    http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/47175294

202 hours on steam. Never played marine. But if it's compulsory, I guess I can start practicing. I've played my share of FPS.

Played Savage 1 & 2.

I consider myself:
    A skilled, but suicidal, skulk
    A decent gorge (not great with spit in 1v1 encounters)
    A poor lerk
    A below average fade (Not worth the res, imo)
    A skilled onos (which I save for 90% of games)
    And a superb commander

Please let me know if there's a place for me to join in. I'll most likely be on every night from 9-10pm onwards, so feel free to speak with me then, if it's more convenient.
    The best thing to do is to start playing PUGs. To see if people are waiting to pug, join the AusNS2 mumble server and hang out in the PUG channel.

Download here: http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php
    Mumble server details are...
    Address: mumble.ausns2.org
    Port: 6034

Make sure you configure it with a "push-to-talk" key which is different to your in-game voice key.

Before the game starts, let the team captain know that you can play gorge or onos. Also start practising marines as you play 1 round of alien and 1 round of marine in each 6v6 game.

Comment

And a superb commander

^ the community needs more of these

- - - Updated - - -

Never played marine.
      Marine play is compulsory.

No teams (or most teams) have players lying around that can sub you out just to play Aliens, especially not in a PUG. Also to grasp how to play Aliens better you need understanding from a marine viewpoint. To grasp how to play Marine better you need understanding from an alien viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by intrik View Post
        ^ the community needs more of these
        Yep, comms are always in demand. Especially for pugs.
        AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Originally posted by intrik View Post
          To grasp how to play Aliens better you need understanding from a marine viewpoint.
          I agree here. I was looking into damage and attack rate stats for an NS2 guide I'm making, and played marine for the first time against easy bots (hoping they'd just stand there and die quietly). It was surprisingly difficult to hit the jumpy bastards, and they were by no means as voracious as the skulks I jump with every night. Spectating really didn't do it justice after all.

Comment

I agree here. I was looking into damage and attack rate stats for an NS2 guide I'm making, and played marine for the first time against easy bots (hoping they'd just stand there and die quietly). It was surprisingly difficult to hit the jumpy bastards, and they were by no means as voracious as the skulks I jump with every night. Spectating really didn't do it justice after all.
            When a skulk jumps his trajectory becomes predictable and you'll find them easier to hit. You just need to play marines enough to know the trajectory of a jumping skulk.

It's the A/D Celerity Skulk strafes that are an absolute nightmare to play against.

Additionally, when playing marines focus 50% movement and 50% aim. Turn your mouse to the right angle, do a back-strafe jump then flick back to the skulk. It seems confusing, but due to netcode it feels like the marine teleported 5m away from you just as you've reached bite range. From that point, 99% of skulks will chase after you in a straight line allowing you to get the easy 1-shot shotgun kills or smash them with LMG.

I find intrik to have the best marine movement, you should look up his youtube channel and copy his marine movement. It's nasty to play against has he abuses the netcode to its full ability (or he's a spastic and flukes it).

<3 tawney

Comment

Originally posted by mf- View Post
              I find intrik to have the best marine movement
              Curious Gorge and I were yelling about him a few nights back. I hadn't seem him until then (though I did take a break for 25 days while my finals were on).

I agree, he was the most jumpy marine I'd encountered, and nearly as lethal as Wai.

Comment

Anyone played against DJoy much? The guy's marine dodging skills are god tier imo

Comment

Originally posted by Calmos View Post
                  Anyone played against DJoy much? The guy's marine dodging skills are god tier imo
                  Lag plays a part in particular warping and rego so can't say much about him until we see him playing on a decent ping, i find what mf said to be true, Intrik is f*cking an annoying prick compared to anyone else i've played against.

Comment

Originally posted by w00t View Post
                    Lag plays a part in particular warping and rego so can't say much about him until we see him playing on a decent ping, i find what mf said to be true, Intrik is f*cking an annoying prick compared to anyone else i've played against.
                    Yes DJOY is very good. He also has been playing the game for a long time across many hours so don't feel too bad when he owns you

Comment

Anyone feel like linking Intrik's channel?

Anyway another piece of advice (and yeah I should follow it more) is to be a less suicidal skulk.
                      In these game there are usually only five players available to attack and skills frequently rely on attacking in pairs so even trading 1 for 1 can be bad depending. Plus when you have two or three marines pushing out of seeding and the know at least one skulk died try have more freedom to advance. What I've come to learn is that the threat of an enemy in hydro is more powerful than knowing you killed them in analysis and that you have 10 seconds to do what you want unimpeded.

If you're looking at teams (short of starting your own) you should probably be looking up Team Tummy or AUS since we're both interested in new members.
                      Last edited by Mod; 21-11-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod View Post
                        Anyone feel like linking Intrik's channel?
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/tawneyf

In some of these, the tracking on skulks when he played marine could give aimbots a run for their money.

Comment

Chur

Comment

pink skulks.

Comment

Originally posted by w00t View Post
                              we see him playing on a decent ping
                              DJoy gets 190 to scatterverse, decent enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X