Admins pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admins pls?

It's Week 6 of the league and I count 7 matches from past weeks that still haven't been scored, including some from 4 weeks ago

Pretty sure it's quite obvious that this is because of 2 certain teams that should have been confirmed dead or not giving a fuck about this league several weeks ago, can you just 4-0 all those past matches to the appropriate team so the league scoreboard is actually somewhat accurate and up-to-date?

Curious, is Armoury blocking considered illegal or "cheap" move in NS2, as i remember it's frowned upon from NS1 and even most of the early people who came over, as tonight i watched a game with BOSS vs FMTD, and they put armouries in Oxygenation to block any incoming life-forms into oxy. Even though they lost that round after doing that it was still really annoying to see that no-one enforces a penalty of some kind.
    ~Archie

Comment

it's legal archie - and the ghost structures don't stop lifeform speed now so not an issue

Comment

Armoury blocking is a tactic move, i don't see how its an issue at the moment and why it shouldn't be allowed.

It's been a legal tactic in competitive NS2 for a very very long time now and noone has any complaints about it.

Comment

DID SOMEONE SAY ARMORY BLOCKING. You have summoned me.

Originally posted by w00t View Post
          noone has any complaints about it.
          I have been complaining about armoury walling since the beta.

Unfortunately Flayra himself has said it is legit during the first NS2 grand final event. I blame Hugh. Back when he was casting games every time someone dropped an armoury wall he would start 1-man circlejerking over the "brilliant tactical decision" that took place and go on and on about how there's a payoff involved and how he just loves seeing armory walls. I think it turned a lot of people into walling advocates, getting rid of the stigma it had as an exploit in ns1. Flayra giving his official stamp of approval was just the final nail in the coffin and it shut down anybody who was arguing against its 'legitimacy' status, because everyone could then just say "but ns2 jesus says it's okay".

It's not "cheap" considering it has limited effectiveness - it's generally not even worth it. It's still "lame" as fuck though. It's here to stay though, and has been for a while.

I haven't seen the game in question. Are you talking about blocking a retreating lifeform's escape, or an incoming lifeform?

Comment

Poor Calmos got his thread hijacked so brutally that no one even acknowledged his post.
            Instead of this stupid armory wall argument can we make it about something important? like our forum badges we were promised.
            Crucify Seb.

Comment

Calmos..poi ;c
              Really wonder what is the motive of archie right now poi.

Comment

Originally posted by DJoy View Post
                Calmos..poi ;c
                Really wonder what is the motive of archie right now poi.
                No motive Djoy and this is the place to ask, i am not friends of BOSS, cmon lah. I just want to know if stopping onos from rushing a gate in oxygenation or even making it needy for fade to crouch or skulk to stop bunnyhopping just to get into oxygenation is frowned down upon.

Dope:incoming blocking, not lifeform blocking but enough to fuck with collison at times and stop onos.

Sorry if i hijacked, answer is Fuck Flayra.
                ~Archie

Comment

"This is the place to ask"

Yeah nah, the original post is about the current league and admins, not armoury blocks

If you have an irrelevant question, don't ask on someone else's forum post, make a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by eff View Post
                    and this is the place to ask,
                    No it's not, go make a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Calmos View Post
                      "This is the place to ask"

Yeah nah, the original post is about the current league and admins, not armoury blocks

If you have an irrelevant question, don't ask on someone else's forum post, make a new thread.

competitive discussion in a thread admin pls where the question was for an admin and no one else.

not posting a new thread when it can be answerd here also im not talking about unbuilt structures, just preplaced doorway blocking. So angry are you lot, you dont make new threads 24/7 just for simple answered questions. Also what forums have you ever used prior to ausns2? this etiqutte isn't there and if it is, thats sad
                      Last edited by eff; 01-05-2015, 06:06 PM.
                      ~Archie

Comment

*Derailment intensifies*

Comment

Originally posted by d0ped0g View Post

Unfortunately Flayra himself has said it is legit during the first NS2 grand final event. I blame Hugh. Back when he was casting games every time someone dropped an armoury wall he would start 1-man circlejerking over the "brilliant tactical decision" that took place and go on and on about how there's a payoff involved and how he just loves seeing armory walls. I think it turned a lot of people into walling advocates, getting rid of the stigma it had as an exploit in ns1. Flayra giving his official stamp of approval was just the final nail in the coffin and it shut down anybody who was arguing against its 'legitimacy' status, because everyone could then just say "but ns2 jesus says it's okay".

It's not "cheap" considering it has limited effectiveness - it's generally not even worth it. It's still "lame" as fuck though. It's here to stay though, and has been for a while.
                          I assure you, not a single decision on competitive play has been based on what 'flayra' think is okay. The competitive community pretty much universally think he's an idiot with game balance and he fluked out 100% on NS1 3.2 balance.

NS1 buildilng blocking was completely different, you could drop a CC anywhere instantly and it had insane HP. Additionally, you could drop a CC on an onos and effectively lock it to the ground so it could not escape. That is why it was an exploit..

In NS2, the building needs to be touched by a marine, comes up with half hp & no armour. It's a completely different game and apart from Tram north tunnels, it really isn't very useful.

Comment

@Calmos - Taz is aware that the scoreboard needs to be updated with the scores, but he hasn't had time to do so. He will attend to this as soon as he can.

@Archie, contrary to popular belief, we do not admin the world. If you have an issue with armoury blocks, you need to start it in a new thread or go discuss it with the CDT on the UWE forums. We have absolutely NO CONTROL over NS2 gameplay as AusNS2 admins.

Comment

scores have been updated today by taz:

http://ausns2.org/league.php?tabid=38

Comment

Working...
                              X