Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 267 Development started!

Hi everyone!

We've been given the OK for our Wishlist for 267, so development has started in earnest.

You can follow development using our Public NS2 Development Tracker Trello board here:

https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-development-tracker

Also tweeting as much info as possible from our official twitter account here:

http://twitter.com/ns2cdt

We're listening to the community, and pushing forward with a bigger build than 266. Over time, we will start to introduce even bigger things. For now, let's keep communicating. Cheers!
    Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
    Community Dev Team Leader NS2

my favourite thing is

"remove organized play"

lolled pretty hard. Goodwork.

Comment

Of all the NS2+ options to add why phase gate lines? The default shouldn't be animated.

Comment

Originally posted by Obraxis View Post
        Hi everyone!

We've been given the OK for our Wishlist for 267, so development has started in earnest.

You can follow development using our Public NS2 Development Tracker Trello board here:

https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-development-tracker

Also tweeting as much info as possible from our official twitter account here:

http://twitter.com/ns2cdt

We're listening to the community, and pushing forward with a bigger build than 266. Over time, we will start to introduce even bigger things. For now, let's keep communicating. Cheers!
        - Backwards compatibility for mods so that mods don't break every time code base is updated. This is long overdue so well done if it makes its way into 267!

Comment

Originally posted by nezz View Post
          my favourite thing is

"remove organized play"

lolled pretty hard. Goodwork.
          Eh, this got approved? I thought hugh threw a hissy fit and said this was outside of the scope
          sigpic

Comment

I got a few ideas to chuck in there
            - Average ping shown for servers on the server browser, not the exact ping that jumps 100ms everytime you click it (wtf is with that?)
            - Being able to wait in que on a server that is full while playing on another server
            - Mute text option would be nice
            The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

-Marine rifle firing sound bug

-some old maps like ns2_caged/tanith would be nice to make it official; though i think it would be hard to make it balanced since eclipse(ns1) and kodiak(new) are considered unbalanced.

can try remaking eclipse into a 5 tech point map like veil_5.

-Some mini pre-game games would be nice while waiting for a commander, though it might promote idling

-Clan/team tag badges. hive registered team/clan to prevent anyone from abusing...etc

-And skulks with hats
              Last edited by fleas; 16-06-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                - Average ping shown for servers on the server browser, not the exact ping that jumps 100ms everytime you click it (wtf is with that?)
                - Being able to wait in que on a server that is full while playing on another server
                I would like to second these and add that favorite servers get pinged first or if you can prioritize/customize it.

For the record I strongly endorse this proposal of skulks with hats.

Comment

I'm totally late to the party, sorry guys.

Originally posted by Jekt View Post
                  Of all the NS2+ options to add why phase gate lines? The default shouldn't be animated.
                  It was requested a lot. You can remove the animation with NS2+ options or a number of mods on the workshop. We discussed adding the option but I don't think it's going to go in.

Originally posted by elodea View Post
                  Eh, this got approved? I thought hugh threw a hissy fit and said this was outside of the scope
                  The thing is that now we can decide what is and isn't outside of our scope Hugh doesn't makes calls on what we do. Organized play has been a disaster forever. It shouldn't be around because it doesn't function.

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                  I love all of these ideas. I'll make sure they go on the wishlist for 268!

Comment

can we please get an option to press 'e' to use a gorge tunnel entrance and exit? Most players spend half their lives flying/bashing their heads against the tunnel exit wall or waiting for godot for the entrance to suck them in.

Comment

Originally posted by bonage View Post
                      can we please get an option to press 'e' to use a gorge tunnel entrance and exit? Most players spend half their lives flying/bashing their heads against the tunnel exit wall or waiting for godot for the entrance to suck them in.
                      Or just make it automatically suck you in when you walk over it (instead of waiting and hoping) like how a phase gate sucks you in when you walk through it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by fleas View Post
                      -some old maps like ns2_caged/tanith would be nice to make it official; though i think it would be hard to make it balanced since eclipse(ns1) and kodiak(new) are considered unbalanced.

can try remaking eclipse into a 5 tech point map like veil_5.
                      Eclipse desperately needs to be fixed. I normally balk at people when they complain that a new map is unbalanced (it's normally people who are too used to the familiar) but Eclipse is the exception. Just from a pub perspective it is saddening when you know you are handicapped joining the marine team unless you employ a specific strategy which most of the players aren't aware of. At least make a small fix by moving marine naturals closer and making them somewhat more defensible. Triad, Keyhole and Access are easily blocked by aliens and significantly distant from the marine base. I am happy for Eclipse to be like Veil but adjustments need to be made to the distances.

Comment

The suck in period needs to be there. People already accidentally get into as marine when hitting a hive or an rt. I think the way getting into them is ok enough. Getting out however sometimes has me crawling all over the exit waiting to appear on the other side. Try getting out of a gorge tunnel on 250 ping.

Comment

Originally posted by Decoy! View Post
                          I love all of these ideas. I'll make sure they go on the wishlist for 268!
                          ..Someone liked my ideas.. Finally I have a voice!
                          *muffled*
                          Thanks man!
                          The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

We're going to be including an experimental performance patch in 267.

You will be able to enable it at will via a console command, it will multi-thread the bones and physics calculations and will provide CPU-limited PCs (usually most PCs at end-game) with up to 25% more FPS if you have a quad core, 10-15% for a dual-core CPU.

Again, this will be experimental and will depend if you are CPU or GPU limited. Those who are GPU limited will see no performance increase.

Ideally, people will turn this on at end game, and give us feedback if it works well, or gives glitches or issues. If all goes well, it will become default in 268 after 267.
                            Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
                            Community Dev Team Leader NS2

Comment

Will those changes affect dedicated server performance, and/or do you have any plans to improve dedicated server performance in these community updates?

Comment

Working...
                              X