Build 267 Development started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bld View Post
    Will those changes affect dedicated server performance, and/or do you have any plans to improve dedicated server performance in these community updates?
    That performance experiment is only client-side. We have another improvement for server bandwidth savings which will be included in 267 but you may or may not get server performance improvements with it. However the bandwidth saved should *hopefully* be fairly significant.
    Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
    Community Dev Team Leader NS2

Comment

My major issue ATM is the "-Marine rifle firing sound bug".

I have to drop the rifle after every clip. Which is annoying as hell!

Verified Game Cache
      Deleted the Steam Cache and NS2!!!
      Re-installed the Game

Would be happy if the only thing the next build fixed was that bloddy bug!
      ~ nO.Sikness

Comment

Originally posted by Sikness View Post
        My major issue ATM is the "-Marine rifle firing sound bug".

I have to drop the rifle after every clip. Which is annoying as hell!

Verified Game Cache
        Deleted the Steam Cache and NS2!!!
        Re-installed the Game

Would be happy if the only thing the next build fixed was that bloddy bug!
        I'm pretty sure you dont have to drop it. Just stop firing, and then fire 1 bullet and it fixes it.

But yes this does need a fix, as well as the already fixed gun jam mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by bonage View Post
          I'm pretty sure you dont have to drop it. Just stop firing, and then fire 1 bullet and it fixes it.

But yes this does need a fix, as well as the already fixed gun jam mechanic.
          yea got 2 bugs(not fleas) about the marine rifles

-firing sound(temp fix is to fire 1 bullet)
          -Gun jam(unable to fire until you drop your rifle and pick it up)

I 2nd the thing about pressing "e" for gorge tunnels. As a high ping player, 200-300ms it feels like im in an elevator; door opens slowly when Hive getting raped. Sometimes i can't even tell if i have exited.

Thumbs up on the experimental multi-core support(even though just for client side).

Small idea for purchasing guns on armory. Perhaps after press E on armory and then able to use 1-0 to buy weapons.
          1- mines
          2- welders
          3- shotguns
          4- hmg(compmod)
          5- Flamer
          6- GL
          7- Grenades

Grenades submenu
          1- Cluster Explosion
          2- Nerve Gas
          3- Pulse Grenades
          ...etc

Prototype lab
          1- JP
          2- Exo
          3- Dual Exo

Exo Submenu
          1- Rail
          2- minigun

Comment

I wish automatically shooting / biting when getting out of the chair would get fixed. x)

Comment

Server performance! Definitely looking forward to that
              The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

https://trello.com/c/nFaZeweK
                https://trello.com/c/LQZM6ogS
                https://trello.com/c/QE8hFLIH

Comment

Remember when FPS was linked to network update rate? I'm hoping the combination of these three fixes/implementations will be the next massive performance boost to NS2. Fingers crossed

Comment

Is there any plans to fix the crashing problems on Linux since release with Reinforced?

The first few updates have decreased the frequency of them, but they are still there.

Comment

Would love if the game could use more than 1 server core?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                        Would love if the game could use more than 1 server core?
                        Ns2 server does in fact use 1.5 cores in 266, just many server oops force the exe to use just 1. You may see more multi threading in general in 267 so it might be worth testing your server with 2 core affinity in 267.

We've been trying to work on the Linux client a little, but no promises I'm afraid.
                        Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
                        Community Dev Team Leader NS2

Comment

Must be said Obraxis, many of these pieces in the trello are looking mighty fine. Any word on fixing first person spec?
                          AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Kid I don't know that there will be a MASSIVE performance increase, but there should be some performance increases. I hope.

Warped - Yes. We have someone on the CDT team actively looking at Linux. It's not okay that the Linux version is barely functional. Hopefully we'll have some fixes for 268, but no promises yet

Comment

Originally posted by Obraxis View Post
                              Ns2 server does in fact use 1.5 cores in 266, just many server oops force the exe to use just 1. You may see more multi threading in general in 267 so it might be worth testing your server with 2 core affinity in 267.

We've been trying to work on the Linux client a little, but no promises I'm afraid.
                              http://makeameme.org/media/created/I...OWN-m2sfbx.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Obraxis View Post
                                I recommend against setting core affinity all together, even if you are running multiple servers on the one box. Just give the server.exe access to all cores in the system for the best performance. (did lots of benchmarking on this, on a 4-core processor running 1, 2 or 3 NS2 servers the performance in all scenarios was best when disabling affinity inside and outside of NS2).

Comment

Working...
                                X