No announcement yet.

Build 267 Development started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about a change to the voting system.

currently i believe its 50% of total players?
    eg: 20 players = 10 votes to pass
    so anyone who votes no does nothing accept throws the vote away.

So i propose this: quarter(25%) of total players. Each vote of "no" + 1 to require vote to pass
    eg: 20 players = 5 votes to pass. | 3 players voted no = 5 + 3 votes to pass.

this will help cancel off afk and people who can't decide.
    And perhaps able to change vote 1 time.

Comment

I suggest adding announcements at the bottom of the in-game main screen/lobby/loading screen to include recruitment announcements by anyone who is trying to start a team/clan. something like...

"Team XXX recruiting active low skilled/new players. Go to ausNS2.org and drop me a PM- Mr. Blablabla"

instead of the current anouncements which sometimes are outdated.

This will probably help those mid-skilled pub players to transit into comp. I know there are alot of them out there who want to play in a team but just don't know how to. No one loves stomping rookies everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
        I recommend against setting core affinity all together, even if you are running multiple servers on the one box. Just give the server.exe access to all cores in the system for the best performance. (did lots of benchmarking on this, on a 4-core processor running 1, 2 or 3 NS2 servers the performance in all scenarios was best when disabling affinity inside and outside of NS2).
        Last time I did this the tickrate was cut in half for every core it was on... has that changed, or just an illusion? Maybe I'll change the affinity on DZ if this is now the recommended

Edit:
        And what about Hyperthreading? Any improvements/downfalls with having it on/affinitied?

Comment

Originally posted by bld View Post
          Last time I did this the tickrate was cut in half for every core it was on... has that changed, or just an illusion? Maybe I'll change the affinity on DZ if this is now the recommended

Edit:
          And what about Hyperthreading? Any improvements/downfalls with having it on/affinitied?

In 267, you'll be able to make network choke, update rate and tick rate configurable. This will help you manage servers better based on their specs, performance and your network performance.

As I said before, try with CPU set to 2 rather than 1 core for 267.
          Animator @UWEDev on @Subnautica
          Community Dev Team Leader NS2

Comment

Working...
          X