X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obraxis
    replied
    Originally posted by bld View Post
    Last time I did this the tickrate was cut in half for every core it was on... has that changed, or just an illusion? Maybe I'll change the affinity on DZ if this is now the recommended

Edit:
    And what about Hyperthreading? Any improvements/downfalls with having it on/affinitied?

In 267, you'll be able to make network choke, update rate and tick rate configurable. This will help you manage servers better based on their specs, performance and your network performance.

As I said before, try with CPU set to 2 rather than 1 core for 267.

Leave a comment:

• bld
    replied
    Originally posted by kid View Post
    I recommend against setting core affinity all together, even if you are running multiple servers on the one box. Just give the server.exe access to all cores in the system for the best performance. (did lots of benchmarking on this, on a 4-core processor running 1, 2 or 3 NS2 servers the performance in all scenarios was best when disabling affinity inside and outside of NS2).
    Last time I did this the tickrate was cut in half for every core it was on... has that changed, or just an illusion? Maybe I'll change the affinity on DZ if this is now the recommended

Edit:
    And what about Hyperthreading? Any improvements/downfalls with having it on/affinitied?

Leave a comment:

• Blob
    replied
    I suggest adding announcements at the bottom of the in-game main screen/lobby/loading screen to include recruitment announcements by anyone who is trying to start a team/clan. something like...

"Team XXX recruiting active low skilled/new players. Go to ausNS2.org and drop me a PM- Mr. Blablabla"

instead of the current anouncements which sometimes are outdated.

This will probably help those mid-skilled pub players to transit into comp. I know there are alot of them out there who want to play in a team but just don't know how to. No one loves stomping rookies everyday.

Leave a comment:

• fleas
    replied
    how about a change to the voting system.

currently i believe its 50% of total players?
    eg: 20 players = 10 votes to pass
    so anyone who votes no does nothing accept throws the vote away.

So i propose this: quarter(25%) of total players. Each vote of "no" + 1 to require vote to pass
    eg: 20 players = 5 votes to pass. | 3 players voted no = 5 + 3 votes to pass.

this will help cancel off afk and people who can't decide.
    And perhaps able to change vote 1 time.

Leave a comment:

• kid
    replied
    Originally posted by Obraxis View Post
    Ns2 server does in fact use 1.5 cores in 266, just many server oops force the exe to use just 1. You may see more multi threading in general in 267 so it might be worth testing your server with 2 core affinity in 267.
    I recommend against setting core affinity all together, even if you are running multiple servers on the one box. Just give the server.exe access to all cores in the system for the best performance. (did lots of benchmarking on this, on a 4-core processor running 1, 2 or 3 NS2 servers the performance in all scenarios was best when disabling affinity inside and outside of NS2).

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Obraxis View Post
    Ns2 server does in fact use 1.5 cores in 266, just many server oops force the exe to use just 1. You may see more multi threading in general in 267 so it might be worth testing your server with 2 core affinity in 267.

We've been trying to work on the Linux client a little, but no promises I'm afraid.
    http://makeameme.org/media/created/I...OWN-m2sfbx.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Decoy!
    replied
    Kid I don't know that there will be a MASSIVE performance increase, but there should be some performance increases. I hope.

Warped - Yes. We have someone on the CDT team actively looking at Linux. It's not okay that the Linux version is barely functional. Hopefully we'll have some fixes for 268, but no promises yet

Leave a comment:

• Seb
    replied
    Must be said Obraxis, many of these pieces in the trello are looking mighty fine. Any word on fixing first person spec?

Leave a comment:

• Obraxis
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    Would love if the game could use more than 1 server core?

We've been trying to work on the Linux client a little, but no promises I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Would love if the game could use more than 1 server core?

Leave a comment:

• warped
    replied
    Is there any plans to fix the crashing problems on Linux since release with Reinforced?

The first few updates have decreased the frequency of them, but they are still there.

Leave a comment:

• kid
    replied
    Remember when FPS was linked to network update rate? I'm hoping the combination of these three fixes/implementations will be the next massive performance boost to NS2. Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• Jekt
    replied
    https://trello.com/c/nFaZeweK
    https://trello.com/c/LQZM6ogS
    https://trello.com/c/QE8hFLIH

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Server performance! Definitely looking forward to that

Leave a comment:

• Jekt
    replied
    I wish automatically shooting / biting when getting out of the chair would get fixed. x)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X