Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be an unwritten rule that in order to pug you have to be willing to comm occasionally. The vast majority of people prefer to field than comm but if everyone shared the load you would only be comming once every 6 games. Sounds reasonable to me.

Noone cares if you fuckup in a pug, the next game is just around the corner and you'll most likely be fielding!

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
      'ripped': similar to meatshot, but with damage inflicted with LMG or HMG.
      i.e. Jekt: "He's ripped! He's ripped!"
      Kid: "he's got lots of muscles??"
      Jekt: "No that fade is ripped, shoot him! jeeeeeeze"
      ChupaChups: "FFS Jekt."
      Similarly to this, a lifeform that is 'lit'. I am hearing that more often now as well, might just be because of golden though.

Also kid, you should totally cross post this on the UWE general forums.
      AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

'YOLO' / 'YOLOing' A high risk, high reward playstyle usually involvong a player trying to achieve an objective or get a kill on their own against unfavourable odds, rather than waiting for team support.

I.e. Poonokio: "Stop yoloing into marines by yourselves, we need to group up and pack platform now!"
        Aeyolo: "But I just killed 3 marines by yoloing!"

Comment

'Chip/Chipped': used to say that an enemy has taken light-medium damage.
          ie Philogl: "All those skulks are chipped man"
          Jekt: "None of them have taken any dmg dude wtf i got 90 on each"
          Philogl: "Regen OP man"

Comment

All added. Cheers guys.

Comment

'Poke': A play used to apply pressure to another team's res node or base, but without committing to a head on engagement. Often used as a tactic to draw the enemy team to defend that location, so that another lane or location becomes open for attack by the rest of your team.

I.e. Rod: "Team RamRod down, two shotguns on the ground in server, can anyone get there in time?
              Poon: "No one can save your shotguns, I need the team to hold north tunnels while we arc the warehouse hive. That's why I told you to just poke server and then fall back.
              Andybrr: "Haha, shoulda listened to the boss bros!"
              Last edited by Rod; 10-07-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                Andybrr: "Haha, shoulda listened to the boss bros!"
                Sounds like something I'd say haha

harass: Usually performed by lerks, spiking marines down from a distance for area denial or to slow marine advance. Also used to 'soften up' marine armor for fades/skulks to come in and finish the job.

ie. Poon:'andy, go harass the two marines in Mezz, make sure they don't put anything up, fades up in 2 ticks.'

tick: One count of the res income.

ie. If you are on 5 RTs, team res will increase by 5 per tick, and personal res (pres) will increase by .5 per tick.
                Last edited by andybrrr; 11-07-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

'throw' or 'threw': (from 'throwing the game away') When a team has a clear decisive play, to turn the game around or straight out win, however they fail to see it or act apon it quickly enough.

ie. We should of taken out hub gate when we had the two onos. We really threw that game.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
                    'throw' or 'threw': (from 'throwing the game away') When a team has a clear decisive play, to turn the game around or straight out win, however they fail to see it or act apon it quickly enough.

ie. We should of taken out hub gate when we had the two onos. We really threw that game.
                    should read:

ie. Philoglonos managed to get stuck where no other onos has managed to get stuck ever before, and subsquently threw the game. What a head bro, what a head.

Comment

'Pulling a Jekt' or 'Pulled a Jekt': F4ing and going afk mid game without saying anything when an event occurs that the player considers to be poor balance.

ie. 'its game over, one of their players just pulled a Jekt because of our triple lerk'

Comment

Originally posted by spawneh View Post
                        'Pulling a Jekt' or 'Pulled a Jekt': F4ing and going afk mid game without saying anything when an event occurs that the player considers to be poor balance.

ie. 'its game over, one of their players just pulled a Jekt because of our triple lerk'
                        I don't think Jekt has really done this for a very long time, do people really still currently say "pulling a Jekt?"

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
                          I don't think Jekt has really done this for a very long time, do people really still currently say "pulling a Jekt?"
                          In my dreams

Comment

Philoglonos, what a word!

Comment

Working...
                            X