267 weird lag issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 267 weird lag issues

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the new build? I've been talking to a few of you who seem to agree.

The issue - I'm seeing a lot more weird lag spikes from people with low ping, and witnessing some amazing across the room skulk and lerk biting. It's the equivalent of playing on high ping (when you see that slight delay on hit reg, bite range etc).

Might be possibly a weird issue with the prediction algorithm or that it's just not syncing the clients and server correctly.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Been playing on vanilla/comp mod pub servers, 18 slots, no rates have been changed. I thought it was my net at first, but the more i play the more I notice it.
    Last edited by bonage; 10-08-2014, 03:28 PM.

Originally posted by bonage View Post

Might be possibly a weird issue with the prediction algorithm or that it's just not syncing the clients and server correctly.
    From what I've seen the above seems to fit the best. The animation moves really fast like it's trying to catch up to where it's suppose to be, doing a road runner *meep meep*

Comment

Originally posted by Visor View Post
      From what I've seen the above seems to fit the best. The animation moves really fast like it's trying to catch up to where it's suppose to be, doing a road runner *meep meep*
      Something like this happened to me last night. Was hiding around a corner waiting to para a Marine. The Marine came into view, froze for a sec, then fast forwarded many steps all at once and killed me before I could react. Was on the pi server, not sure if that's related or not, definitely seemed like an out of sync type issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
        Something like this happened to me last night. Was hiding around a corner waiting to para a Marine. The Marine came into view, froze for a sec, then fast forwarded many steps all at once and killed me before I could react. Was on the pi server, not sure if that's related or not, definitely seemed like an out of sync type issue though.
        Was it me? Cus if it was me then I think that lag is on my end. Ever since the pi vs fragmented games my ping randomly spikes every few seconds and I get a yellow plug, freeze and teleport back to where I was. I'm not sure if it's to do with my computer or internet. When I have net_stats open I notice when it does spike, the updatesrecv drops. Not sure what to look for in r_stats though. It does seem to happen more often on the i3d servers though.

EDIT
        Something something packet loss perhaps?

Comment

I have been noticing lately that that sometimes Skulk bites lag as a marine. It feels like I'm dieing in the time it takes for one bite instead of two, even though I don't have low latency (100-120) it still feels quite unusual, it's as if the skulk I'm fighting is on 200ping. Basically it feels like every skulk is Fleas.

I think you're spot on bonage, given with my ping I'd imagine that is something that I would rely on when playing. I noticed the day of the patch it was considerably harder for me to land hits as well as dodge them. Something is definitely different in this patch and I'm playing noticeably worse as a result, it's quite frustrating when I felt that I've improved a lot recently and now I'm back to square one in scrubland and I'm not sure why.

Comment

Comment

I'll do a demo next time i play, but i dont think it's choke and it's certainly not a tickrate drop.

Comment

Hmm got caught in a phase last night then started floating in the air weeee
                The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

happened to tummy: tummy got shot at before he went into a vent, and then flew halfway through the vent, and then died! my poor leathery demon bird wings were cut to ribbons. there's always been that 'shot around the corner' element in NS2 but this was waaaay worse than anything I've seen before

Comment

It seems some of these issues in 267 are from multi-core physics. Those of you who are getting these problems consistently & have it on, try turning it off and see what happens.
                    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                      It seems some of these issues in 267 are from multi-core physics. Those of you who are getting these problems consistently & have it on, try turning it off and see what happens.
                      This may have actually fixed the rigid animation portion of the problem. Will need to test more though.

Comment

Working...
                      X