Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Priest
    replied
    By the time the developers figure out how to get this game to run fast on "average" computers, the average computers will be good enough to have run ns2 in the first place anyway. It's moronic. Remember how much performance increase we were promised in beta? Back to Dota 2 for me.

Edit: and that twitter post is hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Volcano
    replied
    Originally posted by KuddlyKalli
    Incorrect. From the official forums:
    If i could work the shitty forums that is the ns2 forums I would search for Max's comment about how there wont be any significant increase in performance , if they get rid of infestation and cysts the game would be a lot more playable but you know immersion

Leave a comment:

• Scatter
    replied
    From what I've read they're converting the lua to luaJIT which has significant improvements in processing speed.

http://luajit.org/performance_x86.html

Leave a comment:

• Jekt
    replied
    So in about 4 months time? Damn. I was hoping more like when B246 is released.

Leave a comment:

• Volcano
    replied
    from what i've read this as good as its going to get, you'll get some gradual fps improvements but the significant changes have already been done, ns2 already runs on all 4 cores how well its spreads the load im not really sure

Leave a comment:

• coedman
    replied
    Maybe they could work on making their lua shit less fucking slow instead of trying to tart up the graphics in their engine. Surely there's ways they can send some of the workload off to other cpu cores or whatever. It will never be as fast as native code but there should be a fair bit of performance they could wring out of it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Seb
    replied
    Yeah, how long before UWE cut their losses and make NS a free-to-play board game on iOS...

Leave a comment:

• Meshu
    replied
    They also get to not pay royalties or however it works for using the source engine which means more profit which means the company can stay afloat longer before releasing zen of sudoku 2 and laughing all the way to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• Seb
    replied
    Thats true, to be fair, I guess its not easy to create an engine with the amount of staff they have.

Leave a comment:

• Volcano
    replied
    its their own engine so they have full control over it, they were going with source to start with but they wouldn't allow them to change many things so max started to make spark. it will take forever for this engine to be any good

Leave a comment:

• Seb
    replied
    Does the spark engine even have any advantages over other engines? I mean, Cryengine 3 looks beautiful and runs better on low end hardware.

And now they are using it for external applications not related to gaming.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpBiExHoaz8

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Were they going to try and sell this engine also?
    Doubt it would sell well with the current hardware requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Ghosthree3
    replied
    I'm not sure about this, but isn't there some way to utilise the GPU to do things the CPU would normally do? If so, they should take some of the less intensive loops and stick them on the GPU, yeah this might absolutely kill the game for people with shit graphics cards, but everyone with a GPU from the last 3 years will get better fps as their CPU isn't required to work as hard.

Leave a comment:

• Scatter
    replied
    QUOTE (Flayra @ Jan 4 2013, 02:11 AM)
    Another problem my be celerity and how hard it is to hit anything that's moving so quickly. I tried to address this in the beta by having celerity only work outside of combat (ie, have it slowly increase and let you get between rooms quickly, but stop working once you take damage or attack). Most people didn't seem to like that concept though, so it was changed. Maybe it's a culprit now?

Step 87. The Game designer should play the game.

Leave a comment:

• Jekt
    replied
    Step 1. Don't let Flayra design a game
    Step 2. Make it playable on average computer hardware
    Step 3. Don't enforce limiting and stale mechanics into a game to display an engines lighting and texture capabilities.
    Step 4. Ensure all units are enjoyable to play as, but more importantly play against.
    Step 5. Allow players to be able to see your game.
    Last edited by Jekt; 26-04-2013, 01:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X