Anyone not disillusioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone not disillusioned?

Just been reading through comments and threads on NS2 boards (bored). There seems to be a general disillusionment with the state of the game.

I'm just wondering, is anyone still enjoying playing NS2?

This isn't bitching or complaining, just genuinely interested. I don't play that often so when I do I still enjoy it.

Yeah its enjoyable for me, Its the game that I have sunk the most hours into for sure. Just a bit frustrating that the player base is continuously shrinking that's all as well as a few issues with the game.
    AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

I like it as it is, but only in competitive play, in public play I'm a bit tired of one side always stomping the other with very little in between.

Comment

I still enjoy playing it an will continue to do so, although I have been putting less hours into it lately. It is a shame the Australian competitive community has gone the way it has as that is my favourite aspect of the game. Waiting on the next update to spice things up a bit.
        Spider - http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaspider

Comment

There are still people who play who aren't yet involved in the competitive community that I see regularly on servers. Unless they come here they wouldn't know how to get involved I think (and even then).

Comment

Originally posted by Desk Lamp View Post
            There are still people who play who aren't yet involved in the competitive community that I see regularly on servers. Unless they come here they wouldn't know how to get involved I think (and even then).
            There are discussions happening on what we are going to do when the next big patch hits. Hopefully it will spark some some life into the community.
            AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

pugbot before bt / luajit patches pls <3

Comment

Just been reading through comments and threads on NS2 boards (bored). There seems to be a general disillusionment with the state of the game.

This isn't bitching or complaining, just genuinely interested. I don't play that often so when I do I still enjoy it.
                You do know that forums are the number #1 spot for people to moan and complain, right? I wouldn't take it as a representative sample of the opinion of the playerbase.

As for enjoying NS2, I can personally say I still do. For all its flaws, its still better than 99% of the swill that get called games.

Comment

Yep.....

Comment

Still here and still love it - When the game isn't a stompathon.

Thinking we should start organising some Pugs, because as Ghost said, the one-sidedness of pubs is starting to bore me.

Comment

Pug tonight anyone?
                      AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

My body is ready seb.

Ill be ready to go around 9.30 melbs time if you gonna do it then.

Comment

the main issue with pugs last time, is it was the same "elite" 12 that got picked every round. leaving the "randoms, newbs, shitcunts.. etc etc etc" out of the game.

Comment

Whenever I ran them I made sure to have at least 50/50 new players/vets. You can't attract new players any other way.
                            AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Tribes community had a good pug system.

4 Channels
                              1. Players waiting for a game
                              2. Players that had just played a game
                              3. Team 1
                              4. Team 2

Captains volunteered, had to pick a team from channel 1. Only when there were no players left were players selected from channel 2. That way all players rotated in/out of the pug and if you previously played a pug a way to guarantee playing was to captain (tribes had same problem of no leaders, so captaining a pug had a reward).

Comment

Working...
                              X