Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

b250 pet peeves

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • b250 pet peeves

    1. Pub turtle fests. Games that go on forever.
    2. Grenade "shitcuntfuckingfaggott" launcher. They are now like sniper rifles doing shotgun damage.
    3. Flame Throwers and no FPS


    My rage towards this game is getting worse and worse. On the edge of possibly quitting and moving on. I really dislike the whole turtle fest this game has become both in a lot of competitive matches and especially pub. Having less fun every day.

  • #2
    Agree that pubs are shit, gl is OP but could be fixed by having it's cost increased to 20. Flame throwers are ok, more towards OP but not in fact, OP. FPS is fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      1. turret turtle is the worst.
      2. nano on power nodes is spastic and needs to change.
      3. 5 pres gorge should be 10.
      4. gl should be 20.
      5. ft -- slight ammo decrease imo.

      All these things can be fixed quite easily.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nano needs to land on the target you click on and not sometimes go on cd (and cost 5 res) without working. That's what nano needs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Actually interested in what sort of time frame before 251 is released with beta test changes. All of the above pisses me off big time.
          http://steamcommunity.com/id/scatterbrains

          Comment


          • #6
            Game is fucking stupid how it is at the moment.

            Is this actually what you guys wanted? (Scatter, mf, etc etc?) Most horrible pub experiences I've had yet, and I'm including getting face raped for about a hundred hours when I switched over from BW.

            Fuckin' lol at 251. 250 was meant to be the cattle call, the whip crack that brought back all the old ns1 vets, plus brought in a large amount of new players to the scene. Honestly I am surprised to still see games.on.net servers full during the night. Game is a fucking joke in public at the moment.

            Pub play is retarded, 90% of games I've had end up in aliens winning in 15 mins, or a 20 minute death animation if they don't.
            Comp play feels exactly the same. I guess there is some room for evolution but what the fuck.

            Just can't handle the skilled mechanical skilled movement. Getting grenades lobbed from Dome to Cargo RT is legit as fuck. FT JP marine burning all Fade energy in about 1 second seems awesome. That PG push from room to room with recycling weapons just so balanced. BRB Setting up in overlook and doing repeated runs into Sub and burning 3 spurs/shells.

            Honestly. 250 raising the skill cap? Lmfao.

            PS: 24p was at least fun in 249 if not totally balanced. GG dividing the player base even more.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm talking drastic changes to GL, FT

              Flame Thrower needs to have a 20% reduction to ammo & a slight decrease in range.

              Grenade launchers need a 5pres increase. Or change it to the quakelive GL with more range. I Prefer the "lob" style on grenade launchers and i think thats the way it should be. not "oh fade there, ill snipe it with my gl when it blinks at me & lol when it dies from a support weapon"

              Turtle, I still believe marines need a incentive for a 2nd chair other then for dualies. Reduce JP fuel or reduce the speed unless two ccs. Marines shouldn't be able to turtle for 20 minutes till jp/sg on 3 rts then push out kill 1 or 2 fades and take control of the game again.

              Crag hive is now pointless, It almost seems UWE, Sewlek have said "they want a diff 1st hive, i know, LETS NERF cara mid, late game (for all lifeforms other then skulk) and completely screw regen. Giving aliens really no advantage with crag in a forward position when it ticks as slow as my 100y/o Grandma walks.

              Chris had a great idea with regen in UWE forums were the longer you were out of combat (not taking damage) then regen HoT stacks. Reset as soon as damage is taken.

              My biggest gripe from b250/BT is that in the beginning there was meant to be a higher skill ceiling when it came to skulk/fade movement (bhop/walljumping). In it's current state there is no skill involved, Actually now just mash your jump key and look the way you want to go. Don't even need to strafe.

              The direction i would've liked to seen ns2 go to is QL, Strafe jumping is easy, But hard. Casuals can get decent speed & that's fun, But the PRO's and the people who put in the hours into it can fly straight past them with quicker speed gains and overall higher speed.
              Last edited by nezz; 07-07-2013, 05:41 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pretty much agree with nezz on this one. I like the changes over all as a competitive player, but they could have done much better. I stand by my statement in the 250 released thread that BT was not ready.

                I think a way to force marines to really consider a second chair would be to lower the build cap you have on the first chair, and the second chair brings you up to where it does now (50-75 on one chair, 200 on 2nd?).

                Also those last minute nerfs to random shit before going live was really dumb. The mod should have been unchanged for at least a week to REALLY test it before actually committing to it. An example is the removal of needing the strafe keys and just having to hold W and mash space. Lol. Skilled.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nezz View Post
                  1. Pub turtle fests. Games that go on forever.
                  I was also very much of the opinion that bt was not ready for official release. Alot, if not all of these problems were highlighted repeatedly during bt phase but never addressed or recognized fully, such as op GL/FT/Exo/Sentry, cheap gorge, cheap harvester, and too fast marine teching.

                  Bottom line is UWE/andi is very clearly aware of these complaints. How/whether/when he chooses to fix them is up to him. He's already received enough of this very same feedback to have enough information to make a decision. There's not really much point getting your angelic knickers in a twist .
                  Originally posted by Chris
                  FT JP marine burning all Fade energy in about 1 second seems awesome. That PG push from room to room with recycling weapons just so balanced.
                  FT does not burn energy at all o.0. What are you talkings about? FT was a stupid weapon to use against fades before 250, and it's stilll a stupid weapon to use against fades after 250. Also, the pg pushing from room to room has always been ingame too.

                  Originally posted by nezz
                  Turtle, I still believe marines need a incentive for a 2nd chair other then for dualies. Reduce JP fuel or reduce the speed unless two ccs. Marines shouldn't be able to turtle for 20 minutes till jp/sg on 3 rts then push out kill 1 or 2 fades and take control of the game again.
                  2nd CC should never come back. You do not implement shithouse mechanics to balance shithouse mechanics. The underlying cause of jp turtle is too fast/effective marine teching. Adding 2nd CC requirement changes nothing. You are just changing one type of turtle for another. We saw this pre 250.

                  Turtles in general, exo is grossly overpowered, has always been grossly overpowered, and needed to be nerfed into the ground like 1 year ago. The same goes for nanoshield and sentries. The fact that you can nanoshield an exo( which kills a fade in under 1 second) for 3 seconds is just ridiculously stupid.

                  Marine movement is also not good enough, which is pretty obvious from the abundant reliance on meds to do anything. This and cheap phasegate tech means alot of turtle play (low risk).

                  Originally posted by nezz
                  Crag hive is now pointless, It almost seems UWE, Sewlek have said "they want a diff 1st hive, i know, LETS NERF cara mid, late game (for all lifeforms other then skulk) and completely screw regen. Giving aliens really no advantage with crag in a forward position when it ticks as slow as my 100y/o Grandma walks.
                  No, crag should not be a pseudo hive. There were stupid problems with 3 crag stacks - problems that were already recognized and addressed in ns1.

                  As for regen, it was slightly overpowered in bt. Andi over nerfed, but yea it needed to go in this direction.

                  Carapace being useless on anything but skulk is a good thing. Carapace is problematic as a balanced upgrade and would be better off being replaced by soemthing else that works better. For now, it's been made almost useless to accomplish the same effect. If you want 'carapace', you upgrade biomass. That's how 250 was intentionally designed.
                  Originally posted by nezz
                  My biggest gripe from b250/BT is that in the beginning there was meant to be a higher skill ceiling when it came to skulk/fade movement (bhop/walljumping). In it's current state there is no skill involved, Actually now just mash your jump key and look the way you want to go. Don't even need to strafe.
                  Originally posted by Ghosthree3
                  An example is the removal of needing the strafe keys and just having to hold W and mash space. Lol. Skilled.
                  This isn't accurate at all. In general, strafe keys are there for air control and speed preservation from mouse turning. More specifically, with fade the strafe keys are there to also give you accel. And with skulk, you only start getting the huge strafe acceleration with celerity.

                  If you actually wanted to min/max speed, you need to use strafe keys. I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion. Skulk needing no skill is probably the most ridiculous feedback i've heard so far - just because movement was made more accessible for newbies does not mean there is no skill ceiling. It's difficult to actually master skulk, and if you think otherwise it's because you don't yet realise the potential.
                  Last edited by elodea; 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by elodea View Post
                    More specifically, with fade the strafe keys are there to also give you accel.
                    You are aware that in 250 the strafe keys give ZERO accel to the fade?

                    There does appear to be SOME accel boost to the skulk, but the fact that it isn't actually needed to get reasonable speeds is silly. Just mash space LOL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by elodea View Post
                      This isn't accurate at all. In general, strafe keys are there for air control and speed preservation from mouse turning. More specifically, with fade the strafe keys are there to also give you accel. And with skulk, you only start getting the huge strafe acceleration with celerity.

                      If you actually wanted to min/max speed, you need to use strafe keys. I don't see how you can come to any other conclusion. Skulk needing no skill is probably the most ridiculous feedback i've heard so far - just because movement was made more accessible for newbies does not mean there is no skill ceiling. It's difficult to actually master skulk, and if you think otherwise it's because you don't yet realise the potential.

                      Elodea, regen is fucking useless. there is no median ground here. Removing the pseudo of 1st hive is fine. making it flat out fucking useless is not an achievable goal. Cara is somewhat fine. Regen is dumb. After all shouldn't all 3 be a viable first, second, third hive strat equally? I do agree BT regen in some parts were overpowered. Now, however, dumb.

                      As for skulk, That is the biggest cracker i've seen to date. "realise its full potential" that is like saying to evil from ql he doesnt know how to LG properly yet.
                      Last edited by nezz; 07-07-2013, 07:00 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sup Idiot / Chris,


                        Yes, me and scatter are responsible for the direct result of how 250 has turned out.


                        You know why I think your a retard and why I won't even bother responding to this nonsense....


                        PS: 24p was at least fun in 249 if not totally balanced. GG dividing the player base even more.
                        Just can't handle the skilled mechanical skilled movement.
                        FT JP marine burning all Fade energy in about 1 second seems awesome
                        - Actually it doesn't burn energy....

                        To the rest....


                        I agree, the problems currently present in 250 are quite frustrating. I don't have a problem with FT but....


                        GL:
                        The 249 change to whip basically made this thing beyond OP when pushing hives. The AOE is absolutely massive, direct shots cripple an onos/fade and insta kill skulks/gorges/lerks. Thing needs a fucking nerf bad...


                        Marine Turtle:
                        This would be quite easy to fix, they just need to edit some values around.
                        - More expensive RT's - Marines rebuild them as fast as you kill them
                        - Onos with far more HP. This would end the turtle in central points (hub / xroads / ect.) Forcing marines to push the hive to win far earlier or hit alien RT's earlier / harder.
                        - Reduce supply cap on marines so they can't JP / EXO / Arc / Level 3/3 weapons/armour & turrets on 1 base.

                        Fade:
                        I think this has just a big to much HP without cara at the moment, maybe this is due to everyones playstyle which is 1 hit and run though.

                        @Nezz


                        In regards to wanting strafe jumping on skulk/fade... not going to happen. I would like this but I think what we have now is a good compromise. They needed to make it easily accessible (which it is) otherwise it would never of got past cory/flayra.


                        They just need to edit a few values and the game would be far more enjoyable.
                        Last edited by mf-; 07-07-2013, 07:29 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
                          You are aware that in 250 the strafe keys give ZERO accel to the fade?

                          There does appear to be SOME accel boost to the skulk, but the fact that it isn't actually needed to get reasonable speeds is silly. Just mash space LOL.
                          lol i think you need to hop out of the comm chair more ghost. Strafe keys give accel to fade. Go walk around with w, then wiggle a/d and notice how much faster you go. Go try blink bhop just holding w and notice the speed decay, then go w blink bhop with a/d.

                          As for skulk, to get higher than ~10, you need to strafe. Walljump gives basically no benefit past this.

                          Originally posted by nezz
                          Elodea, regen is fucking useless. there is to median ground. Removing the pseudo of 1st hive is fine. making it flat out fucking useless is not an achievable goal. Cara is somewhat fine. Regen is dumb. After all shouldn't all 3 be a viable first, second, third hive strat equally? I do agree BT regen in some parts were overpowered. Now, however, dumb.
                          And i agreed. Regen is totally 'dumb' right now. Overnerfed bro.

                          Originally posted by nezz
                          As for skulk, That is the biggest cracker i've seen to date. "realise its full potential" that is like saying to evil from ql he doesnt know how to LG properly yet. You don't need to strafe to maintain speed. infact you don't even need to walljump anymore to put on speed after the first one. Wheres the skill? the ability to bounce ontop of 3 marines building that powernode?
                          This, like ghost's assumptions on movement, is also incorrect. You need TWO walljumps to get to the walljump speed cap (which is pretty low). Anything above the walljump speed cap requires strafe accel, which you can only get from cele.

                          I suggest you both start actually running around with debug speed on. The skulk sound trigger points were lowered from bt.

                          *I hope I've managed to help Number 1 skulk in the world nEzZ to improve his game. What an honour!
                          Last edited by elodea; 07-07-2013, 07:09 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You ARE right about skulk, I'm not disagreeing, but I was testing fade out right before 250 release (maybe last minute change back) and doing a quick blink to get speed then holding W and mashing jump results in exactly the same speed as holding a strafe key as well. Strafing DOES help you get around corners a bit though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
                              You ARE right about skulk, I'm not disagreeing, but I was testing fade out right before 250 release (maybe last minute change back) and doing a quick blink to get speed then holding W and mashing jump results in exactly the same speed as holding a strafe key as well. Strafing DOES help you get around corners a bit though.
                              Well yea, there is basically a generic speed loss everytime you move your mouse cause losing momentum from previous direction (as well as just static air friction). If you use a/d with mouse look, the strafe accel counters that speed loss. If moving in a straight line, i believe 'perfect' a/d bhop will give you a net speed gain although i would need to test again to confirm..

                              Like, there is strafe accel. But you are right that its at a level that it would only be efficient to use for air control or 'walking faster' (the wiggle walk gets you to 6-7). Tap blinking your face into the ground is still the best way to actually get speed so yea.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X