Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got $75,000 just lieing around? - UWE

The Meaning behind the name Reinforced

UWE are currently undertakign a crowdsourcing drive, selling everything from in game badges for any donation amount right up to a week as the acting Game Director at UWE for $75,000. It's an interesting move and they've already raised almost $20,000 and they're looking to raise up to $550,000. So it would appear that the conjecture that Unknown Worlds Entertainment weren't doing so well possibly has some truth to it and this was probably part of the fuel behind the threats of discontinuation of support for the game/our community. I'm not discouraging anyone from contributing - far from it - but I am still dubious at best that any of the crowdsourced funding here was intended to be funding anything in the oceanic region as was eluded to.

On top of badges, you can get yourself some skins. Starting at $40 is the Elite Assault Marine skin:

Cargo pants are back, baby.

And for $75 you can also get the "Shadow Skulk" model of which a teaser was shown on the french NS2 website we were talking about yesterday.

w0w. So shadow

There are a bunch of other options for donations/reward packages(including a now sold out "Onos" pack for $333 that has sold out - 25/25), but what is probably most interesting is the option for a cool $75,000 to be a the game director and have the UWE team do your bidding. I'm curious to see what people(TFF?) would do with the UWE team at their disposal for a week. Post your suggestions below!
    Last edited by Meshu; 30-08-2013, 10:26 AM.

my suggestion would be to not give them a cent of your money until hugh gets fired, as a bonus they'll save money just by doing that!

Comment

In before, not enough money raised, work on NS2 will cease. Zen of Sudoku 2 announced.

They should of added extra copies into one of the early tiers too. To you know, attempt a snowball effect.

Comment

to answer the topic i'd get them to port ns1 to source, they can even have a purely visual dynamic infestation if they get the time since i know how much of a hard on they have for it. but that's def not worth that much money

Comment

How far along did they actually get with the source engine?

Comment

Im sorry, is this a fucking gee-up or what? Fuck me the writing is on the wall now at UWE. Gee fucking Gee. EDIT: This explains why Hugh over-reacted like a pork chop in regards to the leak, I hope Hughs head is first on the chopping block.
            Last edited by ragenation; 30-08-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshu View Post
              I think I remember hearing they worked on it for a year or thereabouts.

Comment

hmm. making a limit of 25 onos badges, considering they sold out in an hour and the next tier above it is $8000, shows a lack of foresight in terms of the sourcing the most amount of $$$ possible. I'm waiting to see if they add anymore tiers before getting anything (am currently looking at the shadow badge).

I would've also like to have seen stretch goal mechanics used to incentivise donations. Eg $200 000 means a guaranteed new map, $300 000 a new weapon or two etc --- anyone who has used kickstarter or contributed to one will recognize the value of them (just look at the stretch goals of Star Citizen and that made them way more money than they originally anticipated).

Comment

Originally posted by Meshu View Post
                  they got the dynamic infestation working with it, that's all i noticed.

Comment

http://unknownworlds.com/store/produ...egory/plushie/

$30 for the gorge plushie

btw shouldn't the UWE secret project access say Ausns2 except
                    Last edited by Visor; 30-08-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Step 1. Pay $75,000
                      Step 2. Fire Hugh
                      Step 3. Profit $$$

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
                        Step 1. Pay $75,000
                        Step 2. Fire Hugh
                        Step 3. Profit $$$
                        Worth.

Seriously though, might get Shadow. ( WHAT I REALLY WANT IS MY BLACK ARMOR D: )

Comment

remember how in that other thread i said anyone that pays uwe after treating us like dirt is a literal moron, so far we have jekt

Comment

At first, I thought that maybe we should do a AusNS2-wide boycott of this until at least an apology has been made. Then I thought that we need to show that we're at least better than Hugh, by not targetting UWE as he did AusNS2 - as like the AusNS2 community had nothing to do with the leak, only Hugh at UWE can be said responsible for his childish outburst. Although UWE pays Hugh's salary, they also pay a bunch of other people's salary, and they should not suffer just because Hugh get's a peice of the pie.

However, after seeing these prices, I think a boycott is called for. Anybody in the AusNS2 community who thinks UWE deserves this kind of money for mere cosmetic upgrades, until reparations have at least been attempted, is a complete fucking tool.

This is the type of thing I would have almost certainly bought at the blink of an eye before. Even at such a ludicrously absurd price. But this isn't the type of thing that I could in good conscience, part with $75 for, as long as I know that UWE is a company that doesn't care about repairing customer relations when they've damaged it this badly and to this wide an audience.

Comment

if they just sold a heap of cosmetic shit as micro-transactions they would also make more money over a longer period while also looking more like a real company, i wonder who came up with this retarded idea

Comment

Working...
                              X