Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Release] ns2_nothing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=220935709

Map is still in development, but most of it has enough to start playing on.

Scale is 1:1 of the original.

Previews

NS1: @lPh@+OmEg@
    NS2: Kalopsia

nice work ! Hopefully someone can put it on a server later and we can pug on it? Lucas?

Comment

Yeah hopefully, I'm keen to get a few rounds going on it.

Comment

just had a run through on this map. still alot of holes in the map so you can run round the outside of it, but it looks awesome and promising

Comment

Just had a run through and I am reasonably impressed with the map in terms of the feel of it and the layout. Some very good takes on the rooms, especially in the difficult areas we know ns_nothing for. There are a few issues however:

-Lots of holes in the map throughout such that you can see the skybox.
          -A few overly long and narrow corridors around the map, in particular silo.
          -Inconsistent texture set for different areas, although all of them look pretty good individually and have a very ns1/gritty feel to it. Not generally a fan of the descent style textures though as they remind me of all the new maps I hate with the clean shopping mall look.
          -Not sure about the layout of marine start or gen as a tech point.
          -elevator shaft leads to nowhere.
          -Overview map needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise so viaduct is at the top, so that my brain can reconcile it with ns1.
          -Cargo bay effectively has 1 entrance point. I know that was how it was in ns1, with vent camp at the other end, but given the cysting requirements for ns2 it should be made to be more accessible.

Good job so far, this map looks like it will have good potential once it has matured.

Just a side note, this is the first time I've seen screenshots of a map that the map actually lives up to when doing a run through. Often shitty maps have great looking screenshots with bloom and shit, while being pretty bad with the run through. Thanks for not deceiving me
          Last edited by Scatter; 26-01-2014, 08:35 PM.
          http://steamcommunity.com/id/scatterbrains

Comment

Thanks for your time and feedback Scatter. In response to your points:

- Will be focusing on fixing most of the big holes in the next update. Because I had to bring the lower half of the map up (Via to Silo), there are alot of smaller holes but I'm fixing these as I go.
            -I plan on adding a side room to the hallway just like Silo Access South so it provides more cover.
            -I tried to go for a half half them with MS to cargo like a more day to day staff area. Where as silo to via are the internals of the ship which make it run. Dark and dirty.
            -I made gen a tech point just to see how it plays out in map testing. I think I will most likely end up removing it anyway but I will see how it goes.
            -elevator shaft leads to nowhere.
            -I feel your pain but not sure what I can about this now. The layout was a result of importing from hammer to Spark which I think was the same, however I don't know if we can rotate the minimap in Spark. I will look at this down the track.
            -Agreed. I think I will need to bring the whole cargo bay forward so the entrances come out halfway. Otherwise work out another path in.

hahah that's awesome Glad to meet your expectations!

- - - Updated - - -

Mod has been updated.

Multiplay server needs to be updated to the latest version in order for people to join.

Changes include:

- Added power node to Viaduct Access West
            - Removed large holes to prevent access to outside world
            - Adjust vent going from Viaduct to Red Room to prevent the hive blocking access
            - Ongoing maintenance removing small holes in the map.
            - Adjusted pathing in communications and Ventilation to prevent ARCs riding the wall.
            - Adjusted Occlusion outside Cargo
            - Added CommanderInvisible group to Viaduct
            - Removed high wall in Pipe Room from Commander View.
            - Added cavity in Threshold to provide more cover.
            - Added steam jet to Threshold
            - Fixed holes in Ready Room
            - Added hurt triggers into Silo water and Foreboding pit.
            - Removed res node from Docking
            - Adjusted Occlusion behind Viaduct hive
            - Fixed ceiling in Silo Access South so aliens could fit between pipes and ceiling
            - Raised ceiling in Intimidation to allow Alien access above pipes
            - Removed holes from Silo Access North
            - Finished Silo Access North
            - Lowered vent in Ominous to prevent line of sight from hallway

Comment

Few new screenshots of the latest changes. Aiming to have the new version out within the next month.

Reworked "Ominous Kismet"

New junction between Viaduct and Power Silo:

Modified cargo entrance:

New "Threshold" res location to even it out

Comment

Majority of those screenshots look way too dark. You need to ramp up the brightness a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimoi View Post
                  Majority of those screenshots look way too dark. You need to ramp up the brightness a fair bit.
                  Yeah the screenshots are quite dark.....it's lighter in game.

Comment

I will add this to my ID3 server tonight get some games happening in pub

Comment

Originally posted by Oozle View Post
                      I will add this to my ID3 server tonight get some games happening in pub
                      Hi @Oozle,

Best wait until the weekend once I have the new build out.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kalopsia View Post
                        Hi @Oozle,

Best wait until the weekend once I have the new build out.

Cheers
                        I have it on server now but it should automatically update the map when u release a new version

Comment

Originally posted by Oozle View Post
                          I have it on server now but it should automatically update the map when u release a new version
                          Fair enough, thanks for that.

What's your server name?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kalopsia View Post
                            Fair enough, thanks for that.

What's your server name?

Cheers
                            i3D.net - AusNs2 Server 119.252.191.193

Comment

Still on track for release this weekend. Only need to fix up the last remaining entry into Viaduct and I will push the update out.

Here are a few new screens, brightness has been adjusted since the last few were too dark:

Res between Viaduct and Cargo

Updated Communications which connects to Viaduct Access

Ominous facing towards Transport tech point

New passage between Viaduct Access and Silo Access

New Transport tech point (replaces generator)

Comment

Working...
                              X