• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a complete change log of the changes when it comes out

Comment

Originally posted by Oozle View Post
      Do you have a complete change log of the changes when it comes out
      I've been lazy on that part but I will put together a few of the key changes into a log when it's released.
      NS1: @lPh@+OmEg@
      NS2: Kalopsia

Comment

Are we getting a release today man

Comment

Sure are. Just fixing a few minor things now. Should be good to go in about 30 mins once I fix this cyst chain bug.

- - - Updated - - -

The new version is now live on the Steam Workshop!

Enjoy and let me know your feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an overview of the map:

- - - Updated - - -

Change Log

- Removed res node from Miasma Walkway
          - Removed res node from Ventilation Chamber
          - Removed res node from Ominous
          - Removed Elevator shaft from Generator area
          - Removed passage from Communications into The Junction
          - Finished Viaduct Access South room
          - Added res node to Viaduct Access North
          - Added res node to Threshold
          - Added new route between Viaduct Access North and Silo Access South
          - Modified Transport (previously called generator)
          - Modified Ominous
          - Modified Communications which now goes directly into Viaduct access
          - Modified Cargo entry points
          - Modified Intimidation by moving it North to avoid long line of sight
          - Modified Viaduct South entry point
          - Modified Viaduct floor
          - Modified Viaduct vents into Red Room
          - Updated marine spawn points. Marines can’t spawn are Silo or Transport.
          - Updated Alien team spawn points. Aliens can’t spawn at Transport.
          - Updated occlusion geometry
          - Updated “CommanderInvisible” on several faces
          - Updated several props to be hidden from Commander View for improved visibility

Next build will feature

- Updated passage between Silo and s77 as the distance is too long
          - Update to Silo Access South to remove the long hallways

Comment

New minor version published:

- Moved vents from the top of Viaduct
            - Moved vent in painted corridor that accessed S77
            - Updated pathing in communications
            - Updated pathing in Viaduct
            - Updated pathing in Threshold
            - Fixed light from Transport bleeding into Ominous
            - Fixed vent in Viaduct Access south because marines couldn’t fit through
            - Fixed occlusions in Intimidation and missing textures
            - Fixed vent in Painted Corridor which marines couldn’t access
            - Added another ship and crates into Transport
            - Added ladder into Threshold vent
            - Added a ladder into Cargo

- - - Updated - - -

@Oozle - I can confirm that Gorge Tunnels into Red Room and below Transport are working. I suspect it might be a mod on your server preventing the Gorge Tunnel Texture/Group from working.

Comment

played it last night - some thoughts:

The map has potential, but the narrow corridors of doom are too unforgiving, and there are way too many of them. As a marine on the right hand side of the map, you would be lucky to make it to the top of the map alive. Narrow corridors with tight corners make it very hard for lmg marines to advance.

If you look at the layout of most playable maps, they all have one thing in common. Big rooms that usually house techpoints, followed by smaller auxillary rooms that hold res nodes. In between these rooms, the corridors that join them need to be large enough to enable combat to occur.

Think of Pipe junction or summit reception in summit as an example. Both these areas are wide enough to sustain combat, but also house enough geometry to ensure that skulks can maintain momentum/ambush and marines can track well enough. Another example is trash ejection or skylights in jambi. These are relatively open rooms, which have pillars/crates and vents to help ensure that the room isnt one sided. I think these are the kind of areas which are lacking in your map at the moment, especially on the right hand side of the map.

I don't know how faithful this map is to the original, but i would say that in order to make the transition to ns2 possible, some of these areas will probably need to evolve.

Keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by bonage View Post
                played it last night - some thoughts:

The map has potential, but the narrow corridors of doom are too unforgiving, and there are way too many of them. As a marine on the right hand side of the map, you would be lucky to make it to the top of the map alive. Narrow corridors with tight corners make it very hard for lmg marines to advance.

If you look at the layout of most playable maps, they all have one thing in common. Big rooms that usually house techpoints, followed by smaller auxillary rooms that hold res nodes. In between these rooms, the corridors that join them need to be large enough to enable combat to occur.

Think of Pipe junction or summit reception in summit as an example. Both these areas are wide enough to sustain combat, but also house enough geometry to ensure that skulks can maintain momentum/ambush and marines can track well enough. Another example is trash ejection or skylights in jambi. These are relatively open rooms, which have pillars/crates and vents to help ensure that the room isnt one sided. I think these are the kind of areas which are lacking in your map at the moment, especially on the right hand side of the map.

I don't know how faithful this map is to the original, but i would say that in order to make the transition to ns2 possible, some of these areas will probably need to evolve.

Keep going!
                Thanks for the feedback bonage, really appreciate it.

Totally agree with all the points mentioned. Now that I have finished each of the main rooms to an ok point, I'm going to start detail passes and fixing them up. I also need to adjust the layout in the center because Marines can cut Aliens off altogether from Intimidation. The goal is to have the layout very similar to that of Summit, symmetrical.

I'm doing the whole mapping process a little backwards (should have grey boxed better in the beginning for the layout) but oh well, shit happens

Comment

I would like to get feedback on the below revised layout.

Changes:

- Moved Transport closer to the middle of the map
                  - Moved Silo and Foreboding to the right so they are closed to S77 tech point
                  - Removed threshold passage because it was too easy for marines to deny aliens expanding between Viaduct and silo.

Thoughts?

Comment

Map has been updated.

Changes include:

- Reworked Silo Access North room
                    - Reworked Silo Access South room
                    - Reworked Painted Corridor room
                    - Reworked Miasma room
                    - Reworked Ominous room
                    - Added pipe from Silo water so Onos and Gorge can exit the water
                    - Added vents from Silo leading out into both Access North and South
                    - Added rails into Foreboding
                    - Changed entry to Silo from the south to reduce line of sight
                    - Changed location names to make them easier to pronounce
                    - Removed Viaduct as a possible Marine start
                    - Removed Intimidation room
                    - Removed insta kill from Silo water
                    - Removed vent from Cargo to Transport
                    - Removed vent from Painted Corridor into Command
                    - Removed lower vent in Viaduct Access South
                    - Fixed Viaduct South Access (cyst issue with tunnel model)

Next update list:

- Rework rooms between Docking Wing and Cargo to make them higher and wider
                    - Look at reworking Viaduct Access North entry into Viaduct to reduce line of sight
                    - Pathing in Silo Access South conflicts with Gorge Tunnels below catwalk

Layout below.

- - - Updated - - -

Map is currently running on i3D.net - Custom Maps.

Will give it a whirl over the weekend if anyone is keen.

Comment

I'm keen to give it a spin. Hey I was thinking that a few names on the left side are all a bit samey or feel too long to say repeatedly so if we could come up with alternate names for those viaduct or silo access' it'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod View Post
                        I'm keen to give it a spin. Hey I was thinking that a few names on the left side are all a bit samey or feel too long to say repeatedly so if we could come up with alternate names for those viaduct or silo access' it'd be great.
                        Yeah happy to change them around. I already did that to a few of the names on the right hand side of the map, but left the left side untouched for the time being. I figured players would call them out as Viaduct South, etc anyway.

Comment

glad to see it gone, that insta-kill in a tech room saw me kill more than one high life form by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalopsia View Post
                            Yeah happy to change them around. I already did that to a few of the names on the right hand side of the map, but left the left side untouched for the time being. I figured players would call them out as Viaduct South, etc anyway.
                            I know it may seem pedantic but having names which are unique and single-word is good.

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
                              I know it may seem pedantic but having names which are unique and single-word is good.
                              Yeah I agree. Will start looking at a few new names over the weekend.

If you have any suggestions feel free to throw them my way.

- - - Updated - - -

Map has been updated:

- Added grates at the top of Silo
                              - Reworked vent from Silo to South Silo
                              - Renamed Viaduct and Silo South/North rooms - removed the word access.

Comment

Map has been updated:

- Fixed ladders in transport
                                - Fixed vent between Silo and Silo North
                                - Secret room stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X