263 BETA available on steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 263 BETA available on steam

So just having a play around on the 263 BETA and noticed a few cool things.

A gather system for organized play that looks like it may work! You can start / list a gather while playing on a server and wait until its full and ready.

The options have had a revamp with numeric display and entry boxes for applicable things most important to me being mouse sensitivity at last.
    There is also an extra precaching option now I like that
    I think light quality in graphics settings is new.

UWE AUS #1 is running the beta as of today if anyone want to check it out

- scoreboard shows skill level
    - gather system
    - changes to the speed at which you cloak with phantom (faster, i think)
    - blueprints, building and un-built structures are now dark in colour on the map (apart from power nodes)
    - low light quality setting seems to have an NSL lowlights map effect on all the maps.
    - mouse sensitivity values in menu
    - new vote option to set even teams (based upon hive skill data I think unlike previous round KDR shuffle)

lots of other stuff I haven't come across yet I'm sure

Comment

Full build notes here btw: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/beta-bu...now-available/

One of my favourites: Added evolve last upgrades keybind

PRECIOUS MILLISECONDS GAINED!
      DUCKVILLE - eSports Shoutcaster and eSports fanatic - Check me out on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by DUCKVILLELOL View Post
        One of my favourites: Added evolve last upgrades keybind

PRECIOUS MILLISECONDS GAINED!
        This has been available for a while, albeit only through console binding. This and the mouse sensitivity value make me think prior to this noone at UWE ever opened the options menu.

Comment

mwheel binding boys that's all i saw.

Comment

Doors now open from further away for fast moving players to compensate for the speed of the player
            Easily the best part.

Comment

Fades hitting doors OP.

Comment

Originally posted by nezz View Post
                mwheel binding boys that's all i saw.
                bhop

edit:fuck off double post, clearly taz made this error happen.
                edit2:It's actually not binding to jump, probably got to modify some lua to allow it to jump, but yeah... still not going to allow mwheeldown bunnyhop ;(
                edit3:Okay after playing around a bit, i've added <JUMP>MouseWheeldown<JUMP> to config, i've applied it to console through bind MouseWheelDown Jump, also reset the key, restart ns2, then go into options and just use mwheeldown, works ok... something about this beta build seems slower and it's kinda slow to use bunnyhop with mousewheel maybe some bug.
                edit4:Ok, it's terrible for aliens because the mousewheel is registering many jumps in a second and sticking you to walls, so when you hit the ground it jumps a few times and slows you down because the collision interacts with itself somehow, but it works perfectly fine for marines would be lovely to try out.
                Last edited by eff; 12-02-2014, 09:05 PM.
                ~Archie

Comment

edit5: im gay and i love to crap

Comment

mousebutton2 has always been jump, and spacebar weapon2 for me. Anyone else have this bound too?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      Easily the best part.
                      "This is Lerk Airlines - we have clear skies ahead"
                      DUCKVILLE - eSports Shoutcaster and eSports fanatic - Check me out on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube

Comment

HOLY FUCK THE MOUSE WHEEL EXISTS

Comment

Making its glorious return 2 years after fsfod managed to put it into menu mod.
                          http://steamcommunity.com/id/scatterbrains

Comment

Originally posted by Meshu View Post
                            HOLY FUCK THE MOUSE WHEEL EXISTS
                            The mouse wheel is a lie

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Fish View Post
                              edit5: im gay and i love to crap
                              Hehe, edit5 just wants to take a crap, no idea why he needed to mention he was gay :P glad edit1-4 aren't like that.

Looks to be mostly a buggy beta, played around for 1hour with cheats on, sometimes menus were bugged, stuck on screen(not that i reported any bugs) *cough, new walljump speedhack bug cough* they need to ignore the other jumps when in contact with the surface to make mwheeldown better, currently you have to restart game to get your binds to actually apply, and for some reason the self binding system isn't working properly for movement binds.
                              ~Archie

Comment

Working...
                              X