No announcement yet.

Scatterverse Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving the NBN to come to WA.. Are you mad good sir?!
    Thanks for running the servers, will +1 for donate. Will PM you.
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

Hey bro, as discussed. Will pass you $100 next month towards the server fees etc, as to get the ball rolling on an AUSNS2 Fund. So long as uptime is maintained that's good & I'll look into FTP access options, unless you've already done this part already? Happy to watch over 'leh server' in your absence; since I have no life etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scatter View Post
        Hey guys,

Many of you know that I run the Scatterverse servers on a box at my house in Sydney on my NBN connection there, and that I will be in Perth for the next several months. As such I have decided that I really don't want to pay for the internet connection and electricity costs anymore as I do not use the connection and it is becoming financially unwise to waste money on things I don't use. What this means is that as of tomorrow the server will be down as I will be cancelling my NBN and turning off the server.

My question is whether or not there is any interest from the community to contribute towards keeping the servers up? I am not looking to make money out of this, only to cover the cost of running them. Currently I pay about $ 115 per month for a 100/40 mbit 600 gb internet package with Internode and then additional for electricity. Over a large amount of people this would of course be very little money per person.

If there is interest then please let me know. If there is none then I will turn the server off very soon.

The server box and connection can easily handle 3 servers in any reasonable configuration. Performance is always at the top of this consideration.
        I'd donate something Scatter

Comment

I'll commit if it goes below $10 / month per person

I'm a poor student and I really shouldn't be donating to any cause, unless it gets me free food... but, NS2
          Last edited by Epic_Wink; 14-04-2015, 06:49 PM. Reason: speelnig

Comment

Sylvi and i will gladly help out my friend, give the nudge
            ~Archie

Comment

personally I think if the community still wants the server alive, then lets get together and have a central account to put money in for a limited time, say a two week period. Total the money after the two weeks of contributions and work out how many months we can get out of that then the month before the money runs out do it again, that way the people who are active and want the server around can contribute and then people who are elsewhere dont need to worry about any commitments.
              Thoughts?

EDIT: I am happy to contribute towards the server

Comment

I like the central account idea.

Comment

Scatter you should set up a patreon for your server.

https://www.patreon.com/

Comment

Is that similar to a kickstarter thingo?
                    The munching mouth gif man makes a good point!!

Comment

• Scatter could you increase the time before map change? Sometimes one or two quick games means we only really get one single proper game on a map. And if people want a different map, they can just start a vote/RTV.

Comment

• Hey scatter i really think there should be ping kicker on the server for anything above 300 we got over 7 or 8 players on at night when its full with over 300 ping and you always get msg from ppl in Australia saying they wanna play yet server is full of international ppl

I got nothing against the international players playing in australia but i think in prime time the ping kicker should be on any other suggestions

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Oozle View Post
                            we got over 7 or 8 players on at night when its full with over 300 ping and you always get msg from ppl in Australia saying they wanna play yet server is full of international ppl
                            I disagree with this
                            If international players want to play, let them. Servers they have a decent ping too, might be empty. We do the same with the american servers, when no one is playing scatterverse, we play on the american servers. Besides i believe people can be patient and wait their turn.

Comment

• 300 ping god mode activated!
                              Next patch where are ye!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X