Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monash NS2 Server Feedback & Suggestions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What maps do you specifically dislike? Names would be helpful, because it means I can actually focus on that map, and find out if its still actively developed. If not, and its hated, then its easily removed.

    Also if you have suggestions for maps, Worthy does listen and take action. There will be some upcoming changes to the combat map rotation, so feel free to provide more input.

    Comment


    • #32
      Endar : I don't know any of the names off the top of my head, when I come across them I will just update this post and send you a steam message if you want.

      ns2_assault - I think it's one worthy made from scratch?
      The map is ok, maybe abit dark overall but the biggest problem with it is every room has that crusher sound from mineshaft on constant repeat which gets very annoying after a few minutes of playtime.

      Comment


      • #33
        ns2_assault i've played. It was a while ago that I have last played it, but didnt remember hearing that. Must be new.

        Comment


        • #34
          I'd remove co_falling and the map with the lava waterfall. Can't recall the name.
          There's a lot of nice looking combat maps on the workshop now, if Worthy is managing the combat server he could take another look at them and see if they should be added to the rotation.

          Fun playing pub Jambi, thanks for adding it. Not sure how well people are responding to having custom maps in the rotation, I didn't notice any complaints with Jambi. Could probably add Icarus and Triad too. I think both of them would play well 18 player pub.

          Caged, Hera and Eclipse should be released within the next few years, good times ahead.

          Comment


          • #35
            The current co_ rotation is:
            ns2_co_faceoff
            ns2_co_Core
            ns2_summitcombat
            ns2_co_dockingstation
            ns2_co_tram_hub
            ns2_assault
            ns2_chuteout
            ns2_co_nest
            ns2_co_falling
            ns2_co_fortsiege
            ns2_corridors

            About a week ago I talked to Worth about removing some but we didn't finish that conversation. I propose to remove fortsiege and falling.

            Xao: I'd assume the combat server is vanilla combat mode. I'd suggest finding a website/changelog for combat and seeing what the current deal is with exos/onos.
            I'm an admin on DangerZone, add me on steam if you need something.

            Comment


            • #36
              It is possible to get a list of monash admins that we can contact and/or get some more admins in general.

              I understand some of you hate NS2/dont play it at all or play dota all the time or whatever but for the people that actually do play we could use someone to kick/ban the blatantly obvious hackers/trollers that are impersonating players, aimbotting, lagging servers to death, teleporting people around into locations where they are stuck, etc.

              I have tried to add some people I knew were admins in the past but usually they are never online to be of any use so if we could get some more active ones that would be great, especially when we just had 2-3 of them ruin a server today.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Mosh View Post
                It is possible to get a list of monash admins that we can contact and/or get some more admins in general.

                I understand some of you hate NS2/dont play it at all or play dota all the time or whatever but for the people that actually do play we could use someone to kick/ban the blatantly obvious hackers/trollers that are impersonating players, aimbotting, lagging servers to death, teleporting people around into locations where they are stuck, etc.

                I have tried to add some people I knew were admins in the past but usually they are never online to be of any use so if we could get some more active ones that would be great, especially when we just had 2-3 of them ruin a server today.
                I'm sure Endar is your man for the job here.

                In regards to banning suspect wallhackers, don't expect admins will be doing this on your whim as this usually involves in-depth observation. As for kick/ban for people aimbotting, impersonating others, intentionally exploiting servers (lagging servers to death/teleporting players to stuck locations) then I'm sure an admin would be happy to help.

                In the mean time your best bet is to record a video of the naughty people as evidence and also screen capture an sv_status command in the console.

                Comment


                • #38
                  This kind of thing is more a case for the requirement of votekick / voteban than for constantly-online admins, which isn't particularly practical.

                  I think Hugh noted something recently about how this is in the works, but that they aren't devoting a huge amount of time to it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by kid View Post

                    In regards to banning suspect wallhackers, don't expect admins will be doing this on your whim as this usually involves in-depth observation. As for kick/ban for people aimbotting, impersonating others, intentionally exploiting servers (lagging servers to death/teleporting players to stuck locations) then I'm sure an admin would be happy to help.
                    I don't really want to bother spending my time contemplating whether or not someone is wall hacking or whatever I already have a job and don't feel like playing server policeman and besides we have Xao for that. I'm talking about the easily identify-able ones that are obviously aimbotting/teleporting around/trolling/etc, usually they have 250+ ms, an american accent and poor conversation skills and it would take about 30 seconds upon joining the server to realize that. Apparently said hackers today all had the same id in sv_status so not entirely sure if it would be of much use, ill try get a recording later if they rejoin but everyone has left the server now.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      tbh i wouldn't be expecting many admins to be online during a weekday afternoon no matter how active they are or how great the numbers

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        This kind of thing is more a case for the requirement of votekick / voteban than for constantly-online admins, which isn't particularly practical.

                        I think Hugh noted something recently about how this is in the works, but that they aren't devoting a huge amount of time to it.
                        I think the idea is that you have enough so that at any one point at time there is at least 1 on. Right now you have admins that don't even play the game so it's no wonder it isn't working out. I'd rather not put my hope that an extremely small company to develop some sort of tool that they apparently aren't even devoting a whole lot of time to anyway. In the case that no-one gives enough of a shit to care about it - that's absolutely fine, just let us know so we can move onto something else.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by The Flying Fish View Post
                          tbh i wouldn't be expecting many admins to be online during a weekday afternoon no matter how active they are or how great the numbers
                          Understandable, I'm not asking they play the game 24/7 just if they could be logged onto steam/irc/whatever and have some sort of method to contact them. I have Endar on friends and I don't think I have seen him online ever.
                          Last edited by Mosh; 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mosh View Post
                            Understandable, I'm not asking they play the game 24/7 just if they could be logged onto steam/irc/whatever and have some sort of method to contact them. I have Endar on friends and I don't think I have seen him online ever.
                            Your BEST bet is the Ausns2 Community mumble @ 27.50.71.245 port 55048
                            You will almost always find an admin to any Australian server on there (minus UWE official and isolated community segments that don't mingle here with us).
                            You can hunt me down there also.
                            If not, ask around in the srs (Cereal Business) or Nova clan channels for best chances of finding an admin.

                            #ausns2 on irc.gamesurge.net
                            I'm always in there, you can beep me. Some people occasionally come in to the oldschool #ausns channel asking for help there too.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Allright thanks I will try that.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Also
                                http://steamcommunity.com/id/itsclowning/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X