Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good server hosts?

Hey Guys

I'm looking for a new game server host who is based in Australia.

Currently the server is hosted with Hypernia, and at times it seems the server tick rate can drop dramatically. The other disadvantage is that we can't get access to the %appdata% NS2 folder, which means we can't have a map cycle, or admin control. It's a real pain!

Has anyone else heard of any other server hosting companies for NS2 that are good?

Not I, it's hard enought to try and find a single dedicated server hosting place in the West :|
    It's a pity that NS2 destroys the average gaming server and needs a power house to run a server on it
    The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

It seems like the server customisation is getting overhauled, and we should have admins and map cycles all working for the next server update!

Comment

Yeah server optimisation / control is a must for the release if the game wants to get any ISPs to host servers for it.
        Running an overclocked i5 2500k with just NS2 on it is madness! Doubt ISPs would be willing to put up that kind of hardware.
        Hopefully UWE can pull it off at 1.0

Comment

I've actually got the map cycle working now!

Currently admin commands aren't working though.

One step closer...

Comment

Well word on the grape vine is that the 221 patch coming up will be fixing the tickrate bug. Yippie another step closer to servers running better.
            Is the AUSNS2 server a dedicated server from Hypernia or VPS?

Comment

It's just a VPS, it's super expensive for a dedicated server!

Let's hope 221 patch does fix the tick rate issue

Comment

Yeah I know :|
                I was thinking of setting up a dedicated server in the Melbourne area, a bit closer to WA then Sydney and hosting in WA is too far with most players being over East.
                I was going to do a 1 month trial on it and see how it goes with performance and bandwidth.
                I'll keep you posted, will have some time this weekend (long weekend!) to talk to the hosting guys and see what we can work out.

Comment

221 patch is out!

Comment

Working...
                  X