This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mf- View Post
    With scatter leaving soonish, we'll be left with no server hosts in Australia!!!! Might be time to look into Amazon Cloud in Sydney

Already have one on standby I use it ror testing but god its shit, multiply is better somewhat but still shit. Amazon can handle 10-12 players but bad reg and interp issues.
    ~Archie

Comment

• Cloud for any other game but NS2
      The Flying Fish: "i think i gave you a compliment actually"

Comment

• Originally posted by eff View Post
        Already have one on standby I use it ror testing but god its shit, multiply is better somewhat but still shit. Amazon can handle 10-12 players but bad reg and interp issues.
        Interested to know what spec VM you built that had bad rego/interp?

Comment

• Thank you all for your support - while it was a very flakey start, it turns out that when you actually put a little bit of effort in you can make things not suck.
          Who knew?

As I had previously alluded to, my provider no longer wishes to work with Colo customers and politely asked if I'd consider discontinuing my service. Then he didn't mention it again for a month or two - but I've decided to throw in the towel anyway. I didn't play much NS2 when I started the servers, and I pay even less attention to it now. It seems silly to continue paying for a server I don't use with a host that wants to close.

I'm glad to have been one pylon in the bridge from Monash's shutdown, and I'd like to thank those of you who put their hand up to help administer the servers (any effort is more than zero effort!). I'm actually pretty surprised they got any use at all, considering their beginnings.

I have another server in Sydney still running, which is a dual Xeon which would run the game like shit, which I'd be happy to throw one server up there if necessary. I kinda nuked the NS2 box already, so I'd have to rebuild configs and stuff, but it's a possibility.

Anyway.
          Thanks for the kind words, the unkind words, and for playing.
          See you around.

Comment

• Thanks for the servers!

Comment

• Dont forgot about the I3d server it will still be up for long time and lots ppl enjoy playing on that now that tickrate has been fixed up and running pretty smooth at 16 or 18 player

Comment

Working...
              X