X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Nezz
    Server details are in first post.
    I'm an admin on DangerZone, add me on steam if you need something.

Comment

Hey bld, thank you for hosting these servers for the community! legend.

Comment

Haven't had any performance problems on DangerZone for some time. I'm over blaming providers for bad NS2 servers anyway, there really isn't anything that can be done besides getting a mother fucking spacestation.

Thanks for hosting and for updating admin list.

Comment

Originally posted by bld View Post
          Also unfortunately, the person who I paid to put together the server and put it into the datacenter bought a 3770 instead of a 3770K, so I can't overclock the fucker.
          Depending on the motherboard you can still overclock this non-K processor somewhat out of the box but I believe you only have access to increase the base multiplier. Some users have reported clocking fairly stable to around 4.1ghz with the stock intel cooler.

Someone on here with a non-K 37xx or 35xx processor may be able to confirm this.

FWIW: I was able to run 3x 18 slot and 1x 16 slot server on an older 2500K @ 4.8ghz with no performance issues however this was about 20 builds ago. Moving any of these servers to 20+ slots immediately produced tickrate drops during late-game.
          Last edited by kid; 19-02-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kid View Post
            Depending on the motherboard you can still overclock this non-K processor somewhat out of the box but I believe you only have access to increase the base multiplier. Some users have reported clocking fairly stable to around 4.1ghz with the stock intel cooler.
            Motherboard is shite too. I'm not paying much for the server and the call-out fee for the upgrade is going to be more expensive than buying/shipping a motherboard AND my monthly fee combined. Not really worth the time and effort, unless I was going to do a complete upgrade.

Comment

Thanks for the server bld. It is really nice to have additional servers to play on.
              Cheers mate.

Comment

Someone just DDoS'd the server for a few seconds (top speed of ~65MB/s, transferring around 1GB in those few seconds). I only really have one theory for this - they were attacking the server to make someone leave so they could join.

If that's the case - You can fuck right off.
                I'm checking the server logs right now to see if anyone left/joined at 8:23:47 - and if they did, they're getting banned. That shit is not okay.

Edit:
                If this is the case, which I now doubt because it doesn't correlate with the attack data, prime suspects would be
                [20:23:17]Client GoN | GorgiePie[67828880 - STEAM_0:0:33914440]<ip removed> connected.
                [20:25:11]Client Jimbo[53390591 - STEAM_0:1:26695295]<ip removed> connected.

Edit2:
                More ddos at 9:15
                Last edited by bld; 22-02-2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

all of the Multiplay ns2 servers are regularly being DDoS'ed in the evenings, even private ones. Wonder if it is relevant.
                  http://steamcommunity.com/id/scatterbrains

Comment

Targetted at server #2

Edit:
                    Server #2 had just changed map - So someone was either butt-hurt about losing, or dissatisfied with the map choice.
                    Last edited by bld; 22-02-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bld View Post
                      Someone just DDoS'd the server for a few seconds (top speed of ~65MB/s, transferring around 1GB in those few seconds). I only really have one theory for this - they were attacking the server to make someone leave so they could join.

If that's the case - You can fuck right off.
                      I'm checking the server logs right now to see if anyone left/joined at 8:23:47 - and if they did, they're getting banned. That shit is not okay.

Edit:
                      If this is the case, which I now doubt because it doesn't correlate with the attack data, prime suspects would be
                      [20:23:17]Client GoN | GorgiePie[67828880 - STEAM_0:0:33914440]<ip removed> connected.
                      [20:25:11]Client Jimbo[53390591 - STEAM_0:1:26695295]<ip removed> connected.

Edit2:
                      More ddos at 9:15
                      LOL

I was trying to join my friends from tummy + sarah. Sarah left because he thought the server had died and I got in. I don't even know how to DDoS and Jimbo doesn't seem like that kind of guy either. Are you sure it's like directed at your server in particular or what?
                      sigpic steam://friends/add/76561198028094608

Comment

Originally posted by GorgiePie View Post
                        LOL

I was trying to join my friends from tummy + sarah. Sarah left because he thought the server had died and I got in. I don't even know how to DDoS and Jimbo doesn't seem like that kind of guy either. Are you sure it's like directed at your server in particular or what?
                        Like I said - I don't actually think you did it. It was definitely aimed at our servers. We have multiple monitors running at different levels.

Comment

pretty much all the local ns2 servers this week have been ddos'd - mutiplay were also having mega issues as scatter said, so I wouldnt be surprised if it were the same culprit.

Comment

I'm blaming DECO!

Comment

Looked at the tickrate on server #1 - it must have shat itself.
                              Tried to remote into the server and it's stuck... The entire box may have shat itself.

Updates to follow.

Edit:

Looks like there might be a fresh exploit in this patch. 2 official UWE servers are running at about 20% performance and the ausns2 official is running at the same.

Edit2:

Both servers seem to have dumped all their players... anyone in the server at the time see anything?
                              Last edited by bld; 24-02-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Noticed a lot of UWE officials stuck at 20-30% performance and reporting players inside but not being able to join or refresh data in the browser.

Comment

Working...
                                X