Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    When Archie does his gardening -

http://i.imgur.com/VWUt3ca.jpg?1

Leave a comment:

• eff
    replied
    So as you might have heard, i cut our NBN cable in the ground while digging to install a new fence, when crack i hit gold, but in this position gold was the NBN pipe, so i'm currently stuck on an old $2 day plan with optus, unlimited data/text/calls, around midnight my speed reaches this, I am just trying to document the situation as i know in the future if this happens where we'll be, it's not looking good, from around 8am the speed drops to around 0.2mbps to 2mbps with upload averaging around 0.4mbps

anyone else on 3g/4g care to share? i spend hours(litterly) finding the best spots, if i even move the 3g modem an inch i get massive drops in speed.

Yes, the ping does stay pretty low after midnight, usually up till 70ms, and spikes from 30 - 60 rapidly

Would ask for you to test in morning when you get up and before you go to bed (or around midnight)

Conclusion, it's pretty unbearable during day-time, but can be played.

result/4337135795][/URL] 6:45am

2:52

7:52 PM
    Last edited by eff; 05-05-2015, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lucas2616
    replied
    It happens much more on high ping.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    and here i was thinking i was just a bad aimer!

Leave a comment:

• bonage
    replied
    Originally posted by fleas View Post
    wow, I didn't know everyone is getting hit registry issues. I thought it only came with having high ping(350)

eg: a lot of blood from bullet shots, 0 dmg :S
    Happens at any ping level. This is the most basic example of how to replicate the hit reg issue:

Leave a comment:

• fleas
    replied
    wow, I didn't know everyone is getting hit registry issues. I thought it only came with having high ping(350)

eg: a lot of blood from bullet shots, 0 dmg :S

Leave a comment:

• Poida
    replied
    Exetel here. I occasionally warp on dz and i3d with a side of ping spikage here and there. Seems to be temperamental as it usually happens more in Summer than any other times.

Leave a comment:

• Epic_Wink
    replied
    Telstra Cable (Brisbane). I have hit-registration issues on many servers and games

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by d0ped0g View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about!
    Hmmmmmmm.... *rubs chin*
    I see what you're doing there... You are actually stating it is the poster above you!
    fleas.. we are disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• Mod
    replied
    Originally posted by eff View Post
    good ol unlimited plan, how's old slingshit doing, did me fine before i moved to AU, actually i was one of the ones with a pleasant experience and or no-little slowdowns

Have they made fibre plans yet? and go to telecom if you want full speed + best international(voyager for international business)
    It's pretty good still $90 a month for that plan. I remember getting my speed throttled a few years back but haven't had that experience this year.

We've had a full net outage a few times this year, some of Slingshot is mounted on Spark (telecom) infrastructure and apparently people in Russia and Ukraine have been using NZ networks to mount cyber attacks on each other which slowed down our network.

I think most net services do fibre now. As for switching we're happy with slingshot because they seem to have the cheapest unlimited plan and supposedly spark still throttles downloads.

Leave a comment:

• intrik
    replied
    Originally posted by bonage View Post
    For the people on TPG - do you all get poor performance to servers except dangerzone?
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• d0ped0g
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocky View Post
    Alright own up... Who's the dodo.
    I have no idea what you're talking about!

Leave a comment:

• fleas
    replied
    am I involved with this?

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Alright own up... Who's the dodo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X