Downloading Workshop Mods Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Workshop Mods Guide

I've noticed people having trouble with installing workshop mods for NS2 that aren't updating correctly on the workshop. To download them manually (most likely CompMod r3, No PRes Mod and NS2+), get the mod folder zipped from a friend (some common mods I've uploaded here).

This will give you a zip folder which contains the mod folders. Extract this anywhere, and copy the folder (eg "m2467a5fe_1283476") to "%appdata%/Natural Selection 2/workshop/" (or "C:/Users/<Username>/AppData/Roaming/Natural Selection 2/workshop/").

Things you should ensure:
    - Under this folder, there should be a few subfolders (so "../workshop/m2467a5fe_1283476/maps/" etc, not "../workshop/m2467a5fe_1283476/m2467a5fe_1283476/cinematics/)
    - You should be unsubscribed from the mod if you download the mod manually using the above method, and check the mod is inactive in the mod list in NS2's main menu

If all goes well, when you join a server, the mods should immediately be at 100% when joining a server, and not start at 0%. Any other problems, I got nothing.

Any other suggestions for guidleines would be awesome
    Last edited by Epic_Wink; 10-04-2015, 01:39 PM. Reason: I've uploaded and included the link to some

Or just wait for build 273 within the next few days.
    AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

Ummm... when did people consider waiting as an option? Even a few days will cause a storm

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
        ^^^^
        AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nxi3qs065...8IUrQCLa?dl=0+

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
            ....Yup. Like that's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NSAuroN2 View Post
              ....Yup. Like that's going to happen.
              I don't understand the relevance of the pic, but you know just as well as I do that the next build is coming pretty soon, they just hit a couple snags.
              AusNS2 Admin, CDT Member

Comment

You have such a Slack sense humour, seb.

Comment

I've uploaded some in the link in the first post

Comment

Working...
                  X